Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice this past weekend on dry roads at slow and interstate speed on a slight right hand turn. A huge message pops up between the tach and Speedo. It’s very fast on and off but it looks like the first two letters are ES. The entire message is longer but I can’t read it all. I’m taking the 2019 Challenger SXT AWD with 2100 miles in for a clunking brake pedal issue this Friday. Any thoughts because there is nothing in the manual or any forum so far
Thanks so much for your time

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Really hard to say with the info provided. Possible ESC (Electronic Stability Control), but why a flash, and what the message would be is a mystery. If it caused a code to be stored, the dealer can read it. No check engine light I take it? Just a flash of a message?

If it's something you can recreate at will, may be able to record it

A Guy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from California ;) Really hard to say with the info provided. Possible ESC (Electronic Stability Control), but why a flash, and what the message would be is a mystery. If it caused a code to be stored, the dealer can read it. No check engine light I take it? Just a flash of a message?

If it's something you can recreate at will, may be able to record it

A Guy
No check engine light just this message that stays on for maybe half a second. I tried to recreate it but both circumstances were totally different It’s my first Challenger but my fourth Dodge product. Three previous Ram trucks and nothing like this ever occurred

·
Registered
227 Posts
It is the ESC. I've seen it come on and off quick like that on my Charger. Mechanic said the system detected slippage and engaged. I've seen it only a couple times over 7 years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the ESC. I've seen it come on and off quick like that on my Charger. Mechanic said the system detected slippage and engaged. I've seen it only a couple times over 7 years.
Thanks because it is strange when it comes on. Dry conditions with no apparent traction issues. There was one event where there was a steep driveway (We live in WV) the surface was wet and there was rear wheel spin. The system either did not detect it or maybe I didn’t notice the message. However as you know it is huge and not like the small orange symbol usually associated with ESC

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,888 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Twice this past weekend on dry roads at slow and interstate speed on a slight right hand turn. A huge message pops up between the tach and Speedo. It’s very fast on and off but it looks like the first two letters are ES. The entire message is longer but I can’t read it all. I’m taking the 2019 Challenger SXT AWD with 2100 miles in for a clunking brake pedal issue this Friday. Any thoughts because there is nothing in the manual or any forum so far
Thanks so much for your time
Hi Jcgjr, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Challenger. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend asking your local Dodge dealer when you go in on Friday. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jcgjr, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Challenger. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend asking your local Dodge dealer when you go in on Friday. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares
Rob
I appreciate your advice and concerns. Personally I think it’s an issue. However I will try the proper channels through the dealer first. If it’s not resolved I will pm you. I assume there is a procedure for this in the page description
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Rob
I appreciate your advice and concerns. Personally I think it’s an issue. However I will try the proper channels through the dealer first. If it’s not resolved I will pm you. I assume there is a procedure for this in the page description
Jim
Thank you for following up Jim. Sounds great, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have another other questions in the meantime.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update
Thank you for following up Jim. Sounds great, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have another other questions in the meantime.
Rob
DodgeCares
Update: I was driving normally and service ESC message alert plus service ABS alert both came on. I called the dealer and a service rep said it was safe to drive. Probably an ABS sensor. However the clunking upon release of the brake pedal may or may not be related

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from South Florida, we hope the dealership will help you figure out what is going on.

- Alexis
Thanks from southern WV. I hope they do also. I’m getting the mud guards installed at that time also. So the dealership should be happy. I found the part numbers online because they were unable to on their end Lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks from southern WV. I hope they do also. I’m getting the mud guards installed at that time also. So the dealership should be happy. I found the part numbers online because they were unable to on their end Lol
Welcome from South Florida, we hope the dealership will help you figure out what is going on.

- Alexis
Warning codes were due to a weak battery. Dealer charged battery and supposedly issue is solved. I wondered why a car with 2200 miles has a weak battery. Upon research the vehicle was delivered 7/19 I purchased it 12/19. I suppose it is possible if not I will take it back. The dealership did make some money as I ordered factory mud guards and had them installed. I recommend them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is great to hear it was only the battery, that is no big deal at all. Enjoy your ride :)

- Alexis
I do enjoy driving again. I’m nearing retirement and I haven’t been eager to drive since I was young driving Z/28s and my 81 Vette which was Black also. I love receiving complements and picking my daughters up from school brings howls from their classmates. I can’t imagine being a teenager and my dad buying a Challenger Lol. The experience is worth every penny
Now if I can just figure out which exhaust sounds the best on a V6. We have listened to dozens of configurations. I’m so accustomed to Ram hemis as I have owned three. I think that’s affecting my judgement Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts