Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soooo...
After 2 years and 3 offers to purchase (all denied by dealers)...i finally plunged and ordered.

Man these things are pricey. Stangs and camaros are like 10k cheaper. Canadian pesos.

2018 SRT392
F8...SEPIA...BRASS MONKEY. ..6 SPEED
sunroof
275 summers... pirelli
Red 6 piston brembo
18 speaker hk stereo... better be good

Didn't opt for red belts or tech pack. Didn't feel the need for adaptive cruise. Never use cruise anyways. Forward collision?? Bah... who needs that garbage?

Dealer told me by mays end. Hope he's right. Another week later in ordering and F8 would be late summer delivery ?

Stoked.

B5 was a close second though.

Curious as to software differences in menus for a8 vs 6spd... anyone??

Here's a pic identical to what im getting!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so. Ordering allowed me to get all I wanted.

Find a cool car...auto.
Find sepia interior...no sun roof.
Find awesome car..no sepia

Went on forever. Plus, guys are wanting 55K for their used one. I figured what I paid is worth custom ordering. PLUS...F8 is only a 2018 color!

Waiting. Im so damn impatient too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAY 15 is estimated delivery at dealer.

My dodge code is KZ... factory released and invoiced.

Starting to salivate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Picked up last night!! Have 200km on it now as of this morning. Its quieter on cold start than i imagined. Now my quietist vehicle actually haha.

Love the color in pics, never seen it before ordering. In person. .. love it.

The internet doesn't have many F8 pics...ill fix that!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More....
Plus obligatory gf shots ?

Attachments

Reactions: Fawls

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Picked up last night!! Have 200km on it now as of this morning. Its quieter on cold start than i imagined. Now my quietist vehicle actually haha.

Love the color in pics, never seen it before ordering. In person. .. love it.

The internet doesn't have many F8 pics...ill fix that!

Congratulations!!! What a ride. You waited your time and got exactly what you wanted. I am very happy for you!
I am astounded by the lack of replies here. I have hugged mine like that everyday for the first few weeks too. Good for you!!!!!!

·
Registered
2015 R/T
520 Posts
Very Nice saw that color on acar the other day up to that time wasn't sure I would like it but after seeing it with black wheels I have to say I liked it..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The gf understand her new role of mistress. I don't name my cars... but she's named the 392 "wifey"

·
Vendor
5,687 Posts
What a great color combo! I love it. Congrats! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone guys!

Me And engines that are attached to vehicles this beautiful gain a bond oh so very quickly. I can't fight or deny it. I foresee having this thing at 300000km in about 20 years, i tend to keep what i like.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I'm not a big F8 guy, but that green and gold compliment each other nicely. Enjoy the many miles!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Congratulations! Sharp looking! I also ordered mine to have exactly what I wanted. Enjoy it!

Welcome to the Forum from Raleigh, NC...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So for 6 days, and 1000KMs of driving so far, here are some observations / impressions:

-Reminds me of my bike. As in enough jam to put it where you want anytime you want. That's kinda why I bought it though isn't it?

-Harmon Kardon Stereo...is good. I just put an aftermarket stereo in my Ram RT that's awesome, and the 392 is fairly comparable. Albeit, without as much adjustment possibility. Tuned well in relation to bass output and the highs. Overall...im not touching this stereo in this car.

-The shifter is fine. A touch notchy, but nothing I cant live with. It does have smooth throws otherwise, and I like the feel. Have a SPEEDDAWG ball coming shortly sometime soon.

-Clutch...Who says these things are stiff? I bet its just like my old beater (98 DOHC Neon). If the pedal makes your legs sore...I dunno what to say to that. Uptake is good, 3/4" travel engages / disengages clutch. Its evident the grip point and makes for a smooth transaction. At low speeds anyways. High RPM and fast shifting makes it more challenging not to lurch the car as it tends to want to take off.

-Engine is pretty damn responsive to ANY input

-can rev this engine remarkably low. 4th gear at 40 km/hr at 1100 rpm. No surge, stutter. but cant mash throttle and expect smooth pickup that low...still, its not terrible when you do.

-Getting 8L/100 (my head tells me that's 30 mpg???) on highway at 140 -150 km/hr (80 ish to 90 mph). Unreal. Super light on throttle pressure JUST to maintain speed though. Blows my mind.

-In city...driving it like I do, averaging 13.5 l/100km (17?? MPG). Seriously no complaints. My truck gets 11l/100 HWY, probably 15l/100 city) And I cant drive it near as quickly.

-I figured Id break it in hard. Sorta. How can I resist? I drove it from the get go how I would any vehicle. Let 3-4 buddies cruise in it that cant/don't have a car like this. 1 bud has a stang gt. I let them get on it as
they wished. I favour the break it in hard method, though let it get semi up to temp first.

-It heats up WAY quicker than my 5.7 Hemi in the ram. Coolant same at 94C...but the oil runs hotter at 110C (vs 93C in the truck). Both have oil coolers, but Im suspecting surface area of the grille on truck is that much larger to allow cooler rad temps. And gets to those temps in about 1/4 of the timeframe

-I figure Id do the oil at 1000kms for the hell of it, seeing as I drove it pretty hard, even by my standards lol. HARD doesn't necessarily mean ROUGH OR ABUSED, but I bought a Challenger for a reason. It fits my character and motif.

-Got more races (ish) in 6 days than my truck did in 4-5 years. People drive like I do normally, just to catch up and stare. Gets lot of attention from the diesel guys for some reason. Lined against a newer GTR at a light...I gave it on green, he seemingly didn't so I short shifted 1st and then to 3rd or fourth to drop revs down and cruise and let off....then he screams by me. We both misinterpreted that opportunity apparently.

-From the first turn out of the dealer...I caught a light. WITH MY OWN TRUCK!! Girl was driving the truck..me in 392...fate. I always wondered how my truck would fare since I try, but never get ANY races verse anyhting. EST 475hp/460tq @ crank according to dynos and guys with identical mods vs the new 392. Not even 0.2KM's on it haha (ok, had 16km upon delivery...so 16.2 at this point). We both know its happening, without a doubt...we're both VERY similarly minded and she knows its her vs I. Light goes green....we go! Spin a little in the 392 got a little sideways (hey!! At this point its literally my 2nd shift ever in the car) the truck, believe it or not gets a length right from the get go. God, it sounds good and loud....it takes me til 3rd to reel it in but after that we shut it down. Likely going 80mph in a 40kmhr zone. All in all...my truck impressed me, plus Ive never followed my own truck..it SOUNDS GOOD!

-Id wager, my truck sounds BETTER than the 392. My own opinion of course. But 1 3/4" ARH headers and a 14" Magnaflow I suppose never sounds bad. That being said, the 392 does sound good, just not as good.

-The 392 is my quietest vehicle! Hard to believe for most people. It apparently doesn't cold start in TRACK mode??? Always resets to auto upon shutdown and start?

-Comfort...awesome. Seats incredible, layout optimal, stereo fantastic, sunroof open, windows down, girl grooving to music and hair blowing in the wind.....

YUP...THIS IS THE PERFECT CAR!

PS: Went to Costco and as usual...overspent. But the challenger held $600 of groceries in the trunk. With room to spare. God bless the Dodge brothers!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Couple thoughts, I think you are doing the car a favor by running it in hard after it's warmed up. Consider it as training for your car as it's learning how to go its fastest! :) These cars do have adaptives so they really do learn, and you want yours to be faster than your friend's - right? The adaptives are not fully built until the car has 7500 miles on it I believe.

The early oil change is a no-brainer in this case and the right thing to do. As far as oil temps, these motors have oil squirters built into the pistons which makes the oil a little hotter than an engine without them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since the net doesn't seem to have enough F8 pics. .. and im trying to capture the variety of color it gives off which i can't seem to replicate in pics. Im likely insane however since cameras nowadays are incredible. .. even a phone pic is good enough in my eyes

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In dark light i love the deep look. ..in light it almost looks pale. Nonetheless, i thoroughly love the color and am happy with it. Id likely say the same about b5, pcp or go mango too....but....something About green.

Think ive shown enough variance of Sun light. Doesn't mean Ill stop whoring it out though!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts