Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Group , Well Im Rattler , 52 years old and the 2010 Hemi Orange SRT 8 is my first muscle car. I have always had 4wd trucks and suv 's before this purchase. I have been into radio and electronics , signal intell , etc. But I have always wanted a Challenger , Cuda' or Road Runner. My brother who is 62 had the rods in the family. GTO's , Chevelle's , 57 Chevy Bel Air and a 73 340 Cuda' . Of all of them , The Cuda' realy caught my eye and "ears". The car had the best sounding exhaust system that I ever heard. Especially at idle. It had the perfect "thrushy" type of rumble. I love my Challenger. It has no stripes/ decals yet. No sun roof and is a automatic. Got the T shifter and cold air intake. Im wanting to make this car into a classic R/T but with the 6.1's hp , Alcoa's and SRT 8 badging replaced with Classic R/T. For myself , I wish that they would have left off the SRT 8 and just called it a R/T with 6.1 option. I am going to add a black bumble bee tail stripe with the round R/T emblem on it's sides.Got it in the box from Rider Graphix .The Challenger and SRT badging in the front grill have been removed and replaced with classic R/T badging. I have the SMS full body kit on order but will only install the hood at first. I realy dont care that much for the other parts but the front is starting to grow on me . I will do the front later then the other parts later on. Im almost set on getting the SMS Super Charger . Im going to do some more research on this before I buy the super charger. It may void the warranty and I also purchased the best extended warranty that Dodge offers .After all of those options , I should have purchased a SMS 570 but none were available in Hemi Orange. I was waiting to purchase a 2011 Challenger SRT 8 but when I found out that Hemi Orange had been replaced by Toxic Orange for 2011, I decided on the 2010 model. Something tells me that they will offer the 2011 in Hemi Orange at a later date. But if it evolves , and I hope it does , My next Challenger will be the 426 Hemi equipped car that some are talking about that may show up in a couple of years. Wars keep upping the anny and something tells me that Dodge will be upping with a 426 Hemi powered Challenger one day. Thats about it for me , Will see you on the site. Rattler

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Congrats on car and welcome. You sound like you already know your stuff but if you have questions this is the place to be.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I like the idea of the SRT "classic". Welcome.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome , A welcome is not available on my electronics & radio reflector sites . It's nice and realy makes one feel welcome. Please bare with me , I tend to write way to much and over explain when I should just get more to the point. I will write smaller more direct replies in future messages. Again , Thanks for the welcome , I realy appreciate it. Rattler

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
i just noticed your location. Not sure were Jonesville is but If your into radios and electronics I bet you know the shop I work for shop. We have all the Motorola shops from Mashall Texas and all the way across the northern part of Louisiana.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Great , Oh yes , I have done business for many years at the Shreveport store on Stoner Ave. Cant remember the owners name ,,,,,,,, They have serviced public safety since Shreveport was on VHF lowband. Im a collector of rare Motorola products. HF radios from Israel , keypad programmable "no rib" VHF-UHF transceivers. I have a grt license with radar endorsement , gmrs and ham call of N5WV . Please contact me off reflector being non topic related at [email protected] . Jonesville is about 3 miles NW of Waskom on FM-134 N. Someone in Waskom on hwy 80 has a black SRT8 but do not know him. thanks , Rattler

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just noticed your location. Not sure were Jonesville is but If your into radios and electronics I bet you know the shop I work for shop. We have all the Motorola shops from Mashall Texas and all the way across the northern part of Louisiana.
Hey Great , Oh yes , I have done business for many years at the Shreveport store on Stoner Ave. Cant remember the owners name ,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts