Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

My name is Mark Blais and I will be picking up a brand new 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT with the V6 engine possibly today or this weekend. I wanted peoples input on the V6 engine. I will be mainly using it to cruise around town and commute to work, no track intentions or anything like that. Just a normal daily car. Thank you for your input!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
305 HP with a A8 will be plenty for DD

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Excellent engine. One of Ward's ten best engines, I believe for four times. I have had several R/Ts with the 5.7 and while I would like to get another V8 with a manual, I also just can't part with the SXT Plus. Excellent daily driver and highway cruiser. Easy to maintain with the oil filter on top. Great mileage, decent power. It's one of those cars that just feels right. You'll be happy with it.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
I agree that the V6 is a good engine. The only thing I don't like about Challengers with the V6 is that you can't get a manual transmission with it. I like to drive with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's one of the best V6's. Not the fastest V6 car but that's more a function of the size and weight of the vehicle than engine. But definitely quick and fast enough to have some fun with the 8-speed tranny. Mileage is great and it has a smooth and quiet ride. Perfect all around car that can do anything without breaking the bank and make if fun doing it.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
We have the 3.6, 8 speed combo in our Grand Cherokee. It's quiet, smooth, and it moves the 5000 pound truck pretty nicely. I think you will love it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Welcome from California Mark. You'll like the V6. Enjoy your new car ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have a 2014 Durango with the V-6 and 8spd auto and it is sliced bread. Decent gas millage, excellent reliability and can easily tow the things I need it to.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Greetings and Salutations from the Chicago Southland.

You'll love your V6 Challenger, a monster of a motor with more power than 90% of the cars that you will encounter out on the road. On a good day it will hit 60 in less than 6 seconds and top out near 140! Easy cruising will net you over 30mpg. I know this because I've experienced it.

Have fun -- Drive on!

·
Registered
117 Posts
The SXT is a lot of fun. I enjoy driving my wifes, it seems so much lighter on the turns than my scat. Her SXT feels pretty nimble and has plenty of get up and go. For a daily, an excellent choice. You wont be unhappy at all.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I bought my first Dodge last year (SPS) and enjoyed it so much I got rid of my daily driver and bought another Challenger to drive to and from work every day. I bought a GT which has a V6/A8 with AWD.

I was pretty surprised how much more I enjoy driving the GT, even over my SPS during my typical commute to work.

The V6/A8 combo is so smooth and quiet that it makes a perfect daily driver and it's plenty spirited for a little bit of fun here and there while making for easy merging/passing.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Currently own an 013 SXT Plus with the super sport group option. Have really enjoyed it, lots of fun to just toss around. I test drove a 15 SXT plus with the new 8 speed. A really wonderful combination. I think you will really like the car. Looks like yours has the super track pack option?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I bought my first Dodge last year (SPS) and enjoyed it so much I got rid of my daily driver and bought another Challenger to drive to and from work every day. I bought a GT which has a V6/A8 with AWD.

I was pretty surprised how much more I enjoy driving the GT, even over my SPS during my typical commute to work.

The V6/A8 combo is so smooth and quiet that it makes a perfect daily driver and it's plenty spirited for a little bit of fun here and there while making for easy merging/passing.
I also bought my first Challenger last spring a 16 Scat Pack Shaker M6. and I missed driving it while it was stored all winter so I traded my 13 Focus St DD in on a GT as well I love the V6 Challenger A8 as a DD. I took a 800 mile trip down south two weeks ago and got 26 mpg in complete comfort and style. The adaptive cruse control is great for long highway drives.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Awesome Engine these cars are way better then a Camaro or a Mustang those are so tiny inside. This car is a beast!
I can imagine the Hemi is alot of fun but the fuel, insurance, and maint etc. dosent add up? So for my dd the SXT is great. SXT+ or at least with stp
/ blacktop whatever its called now. The backup cam is a big help. enjoy

Welcome from Ca.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts