Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to get past the obvious, my screen name is what I've used for years at the Charger forum.

My wife drives an '06 Charger and while checking out the 2011s at a local dealer I came across a new white 2010/5.7/6 spd. The sales person indicated it would be available in the low 30's and the warranty period doesn't start counting down until actual purchase date. It's very tempting. Leather interior & 20" 5 spoke wheels.

On the front fenders, up near the top, are the numbers 570. I asked about this. One salesperson told me they were applied at the factory. Another told me the dealer put them on because they were going to put a supercharger on it raising the HP to 570, hence the "570." Then they decided not to.

My questions: What do you think of this vehicle at that price and what do you make of the "570" comments? Anyone think it odd a dealer still has a new 2010?

Thanks in advance for your input. Barring anything bad, I'll probably buy it.

Tim

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You will find quite a number of new 2010 still on lots. So no issue with still finding one. If you can get on at a screaming deal then definitely go for it if you want it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Low 30's for a base model with leather is high.

Low 30's for an R/T Classic may not be too bad, depends on what low 30's means. You should be able to get a Classic for very low 30's, say $31K-$32K.

What kind of stripes are on it, if any? Classic has the body side stripes that end near rear window with R/T at the end. Base sometimes has what's called whisker stripes from hood:fender.

If it's a base, I would expect it to go from $25K-$28K depending on all the options.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Oh, and don't believe anything a salesperson tells you unless you KNOW it's right. Those people can be dumb as rocks, and just as motivated to learn anything about the products they sell.

Their main motivation is to tell you what they think you want to hear and to separate you from as many of your $$$$$$ as they can.

·
Registered
2018 SRT
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are no stripes on it and I've long since known better than to believe what these guys say. BTW, and referencing THUMPR's comment, why would new 2010's be fairly common? Unless I'm mistaken, there haven't been any major technological changes between 2010 and now. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The 2011's have a bunch of changes done to them. The put in a new engine, 392 Hemi, redid the suspension, steering and a bunch of other stuff.

Here is a link to the allpar website and it has a good description of the changes that went into the 2011's - 2008-2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (and 2009-11 Challenger R/T and SE cars)
Quite a few changes like above, but you won't get a 392 unless you go the SRT route. R/T engine is basically the same. Suspension upgrades in 2011, steering wheel change, going away from ram logo to Chrysler one- - I'm sure the link with go into detail.

One negative is the touch sensitive handles- - I think a lot of them are causing problems; car unlocking randomly, won't unlock- - same thing with the trunk, sometimes it unlocks on its own.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well for sure it's a R/T . More than likely seeing it's a 6 speed with 20" wheels, so it may have the track pack.

570 ?? isn't that what Saleen was putting on the side of their creations?? Did it have a different hood with 3 butterfly valves on both sides that are painted red??

Could it be one of the Saleens that were never finished and the dealer is trying to get what he can out of it?

Yes there are still dealers with new 2010's on the lot. They didn't start making the 11's untill Dec 2010. They stopped making the 2010's Oct 2010, so it's not uncommon to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Well for sure it's a R/T Classic. More than likely seeing it's a 6 speed with 20" wheels, so it may have the track pack.

Why is it for sure a classic? Don't the regular R/T's have an option for 5 spoke chrome clads? Musta missed something....

I paid low 30's for my Classic this time last year ($32K) so low 30's a year later, in my opinion, is too much.

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
i just picked up my 2010 SRT8 in the neighborhood of the low 30s...

A LOT of dealers stocked up like crazy on the 2010s it seems... and right now they are giving out really good deals.

And yeah... the Warranty doesn't really start until the car is titled.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well for sure it's a R/T . More than likely seeing it's a 6 speed with 20" wheels, so it may have the track pack.

570 ?? isn't that what Saleen was putting on the side of their creations?? Did it have a different hood with 3 butterfly valves on both sides that are painted red??

Could it be one of the Saleens that were never finished and the dealer is trying to get what he can out of it?

Yes there are still dealers with new 2010's on the lot. They didn't start making the 11's untill Dec 2010. They stopped making the 2010's Oct 2010, so it's not uncommon to see them.
x2 on this. It might be a 570 and if so, 30s are starting to sound good.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Why is it for sure a classic? Don't the regular R/T's have an option for 5 spoke chrome clads? Musta missed something....

I paid low 30's for my Classic this time last year ($32K) so low 30's a year later, in my opinion, is too much.

Mike

LOL. I did notice that and I did change it just as you responded. I just wasn't fast enough.

I still think it was a Saleen before they went sideways. Didn't someone post on the Saleen thread about a car with a bad SC that got sent back and was never returned?? Could this be that same car?

·
Registered
455 Posts
You will find quite a number of new 2010 still on lots. So no issue with still finding one. If you can get on at a screaming deal then definitely go for it if you want it.
True, they are still out there, just try to get the best deal you can.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All this, combined with a $72K Challenger I see locally on Auto Trader, is starting to make some sense. This car has an SLS scropt in the windshield and the aforementioned 570. I'm beginning to think this car was perhaps sent to SLS and then pulled back before the mods began. I'll try to get a pic posted tomorrow afternoon.

Where is SLS?

Appreciate the insight.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

Mike
You're right; I'm doubtful this is a Classic since the OP said there were no stripes. I guess they could have been removed.

Classics have the side racing stripe with R/T at the end; Challenger script on front fenders, and those fantastic forged polished aluminum wheels; not the plastic chrome clad. I believe all R/T's have 20" wheels tho, so that's not a determination of much of anything.

As far as $30K being too high for a 2010. That poster should check AutoTrader or Cars.com; I did a 500 mile search and can not find a used R/T Classic for $30K anywhere. Good news in that they're holding their value.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.