Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2019 Challenger described as a T/A scat pack. I've seen R/T scat packs, but not a T/A scat pack. What's the difference ? This is a 10K miles car for sale from the original owner who is out of state. I haven't seen the car....only pictures...He claims it has every available option. What's a realistic price for it ? He claims it's in perfect condition and is his daily driver. He's selling to buy a pick up.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
T/A is just an appearance package on top of the R/T or R/T 392 (Scat Pack).

The T/A 392 used to include the 6-piston Brembos but starting in 2019, they are now a separate option.

The Challenger T/A Package includes white face instrument panel cluster, gloss black instrument panel cluster trim rings, Mopar cold-air intake (CAI) system, illuminated air catcher headlights, functional hood scoop, black grille, black fuel filler door, T/A bodyside stripe (with 392 fender decal on R/T Scat Pack models), black spoiler with T/A spoiler decal, painted satin black hood, wrapped roof and deck-lid. R/T models come with 20″ x 9″ Low Gloss Granite forged wheels, while R/T Scat Pack models come with 20″ x 9.5″ Low Gloss Black forged wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
Doesn't the T/A also come with additional features/drive modes in the Super Track Pack? Race settings maybe? I think the white gauges are cool as well.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Doesn't the T/A also come with additional features/drive modes in the Super Track Pack? Race settings maybe? I think the white gauges are cool as well.
Just the same normal/sport/track modes. Slidd posted the full list of what it comes with.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you get one we'll share ALL of the secret details that make the T/A THE best trim package. Unfortunately we can't share details until you're officially one of us...

One...of...us. One...of...us. One...of...us :zlurking:

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,909 Posts
For me....the suspension enhancements and the exterior styling was the deal maker. It is more than an appearance package.

If you own a T/A......you certainly won't meet yourself going down the road very frequently.

Reactions: CHL2T

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Just the same normal/sport/track modes. Slidd posted the full list of what it comes with.
"regular" Scat Pack doesn't have "Track" does it, or do all 2019 have "Track" as well? I missed Slidd saying it included "Track" mode.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
OK, I was pretty sure it wasn't on my 2018. But I thought the 2018 T/A had it.

The T/A option added the super track pak package.

"The homage to the classic 70s racer is available in three levels – T/A, T/A Plus, and T/A 392, all of which feature a performance exhaust, and Dodge’s Super Track Pak."

Other than the T/A package, you could get the driving modes with the STP. My 2017 R/T had it.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
For me....the suspension enhancements and the exterior styling was the deal maker. It is more than an appearance package.
OP asking about the 2019 T/A 392 and for him, it's only an appearance package. There is no difference between the Scat Pack or T/A 392 suspension.

Even with the 2019 5.7L, the T/A is only an appearance package. There are no suspension enhancements as all 2019's R/T's already have Super Track Pack (new for 2019) and the same as what would have been used on 5.7L T/A.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
T/A suspension lowered

It’s my understanding that the T/A is lowered 1”. Is that not a suspension enhancement ? I was also told the sway bars have been beefed up front and rear.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
It’s my understanding that the T/A is lowered 1”. Is that not a suspension enhancement ? I was also told the sway bars have been beefed up front and rear.
Not true. Same suspensions with or without T/A. With 5.7L it was the same Super Track Pack that came on any 5.7L and with T/A 392 it's the standard Scat Pack suspension. Those cars are already low enough and FCA would not make T/A any lower.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Plus the T/A comes with the Dynamics package standard, correct? My Shaker has it, but it is a $2,200 option that is part of the T/A package. (Hellcat 6 pot front brakes/wheels/tires)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Plus the T/A comes with the Dynamics package standard, correct? My Shaker has it, but it is a $2,200 option that is part of the T/A package. (Hellcat 6 pot front brakes/wheels/tires)

No. It doesn't, but it reduces the dynamics package price to $1,095 though.

T/A package only adds tires and wheels, not the brakes.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
It used to but effective with 2019 it no longer does.

Also my comment regarding the suspensions being the same only applies to 2019. Since all R/T's now have STP there is no difference between the T/A suspension and standard R/T.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
No. It doesn't, but it reduces the dynamics package price to $1,095 though.

T/A package only adds tires and wheels, not the brakes.
OK, geez, I can't keep track between which sub-model and what year. I looked at (online) some T/As when I was deciding which Challenger to go look at.
FWIW, I love that hood and hood pins as well (another option...).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts