Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and new to the srt8 challenger. I just purchased a perfect shape 2010 challenger 6.1 srt automatic. I had a 5.7 rt 6 speed befor this for about a year. I am in love with the srt lol. I have a quick question about a part i would like to order for the transmission, the dealer here is not much help and i did a search but am a bit confused. I am ordering the tcm for the automatic trans that will will allow me to hold gears in auto stick mode, part number p5155177. My question is, is this a plug and play mod? my car is bone stock, it has no other mods of any kind as of right now, i just want to be able to control my shifts myself. I have many mods planned for the future and look forward to contribute to the forum.

Thank you
Randy

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
I thought the stock setup allowed Auto-stick mode to hold gear (no upshift to higher gear) already?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No even in auto-stick it will upshift as soon as you hit the readline, its a bit annoying when trying to do a burnout it will shift itself up to the next gear where it does not have enough power to hold that gear and bogs the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well like I thought might happen i spent 500 dollars on a tcm that did nothing lol, From my research it works for about 50 percent of the people that buy them. So im not sure what the next step is? I called the number for customer service thats on the paper and they said it ''should'' work but had no explanation on what to do if it doesn't. I read some people use the predator programer along with the tcm and then it worked but i really don't want to spend another 500 just for nothing, so if anyone has a definitive answer what i should do it would be a huge help.

Thanks again
Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Randy V.B.
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing