Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just picked up 2013 Challenger R/T and I luv it!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Welcome to the club. Same car here. 13 R/T Classic, 5AT, Black with black R/T Classic stripes and Radar Red leather.
65K miles and going strong.

One bit of info on the Pre-15's. They came with copper tipped spark plugs and require replacing at 30K miles. I didn't notice this in my maintenance manual and just changed them last month (Just before 65K). The electrodes were definitely worn around the edges. Replaced them with the same NGK Iridium tipped plugs that come on the 15+ Challengers. Same coil packs on our 13's as on the newer ones, so the Iridium plugs won't "burn them up". Runs like a raped ape on new plugs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. My first real muscle car! Traded in my 2000 C5 for the challenger, and it's awesome! Gearing is a little different in the dodge, both have 6 speed. Just going to take some time to get use to it!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Challenger and C5 Corvette is Apples and Oranges. You've got a little more ground clearance, so you won't bottom out the Chally on rough roads like the C5, and the Chally is heavy (4200 lbs) so you'll feel it want to roll (a little....compared to the Vette) if you're going hard in a corner. On the flip side, the R/T won't break your spine over every rough patch like the C5 would. Also, since your arse isn't on the ground, you can actually see a little in traffic, although you've got more hood in front of you. Reversing is probably the toughest to get used to. Rear visibility is not good, and since the 13 has no rear camera, you've got to be extra careful when backing around children and pets (or stuff that won't move when you hit it). Mine has the in-bumper reversing-assist sensors, and they work pretty good.

And one more thing, since your new to the forum.....it's customary to post a photo of your ride.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats on the R/T. Welcome from Hellinois. Post some pics when you can.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome from Maryland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
So your 13 R/T Classic is the closest I've seen to matching mine. I've only seen 1/2 dozen Black R/T Classics with Black R/T Stripes, but yours and mine are the only two that I've seen with the Mineral Gray ENVY wheels (The other's I've seen had chrome wheels). And mine is the only one I've seen with the Red Leather and Sun Roof (check out the photos). I've added Red "345" numbers to the scoops, Red "R/T" badges to the fenders below the Challenger Script. Chrome "DODGE" letters to the hood and a Red "HEMI" badge to the spoiler.

Three of my ENVY wheels had clearcoat that bubbled before the 36K mile warranty was up, so I had them replaced. I'm considering putting some BLACK aftermarket wheels on and selling my Mineral Gray ENVY wheels. They go for almost $400 new. Hoping to get 1/2 that for my used ones. They're in great shape still.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As if now I have no plan's to modify anything as of now. Just going to drive it and enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks everyone! Sorry didn't know about the photo!

Thanks for the pic. I like the wheels!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
As if now I have no plan's to modify anything as of now. Just going to drive it and enjoy

Sounds like a plan to me!!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
For a minute I thought you bought the car I just traded in a month ago. But mine was automatic. Congratulations. I always like that visual configuration. Seemed kind of rare.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts