Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally broke down and bought a beautiful 2010 Challenger R/T. The car only has 16,500 miles and is clean as a whistle and runs like a top! The wife will drive it for the most part but I will have to take it out on occasion to blow the carbon out of it for her! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
She's gotta like that! Congratulations and welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nice car. I don't know how you feel about those chrome wheels, but that Black on Red car is begging for satin-black wheels to match those stripes. You can get the exact same style as those original chrome ones, in satin black, from a couple different after-market suppliers for under $250 each. Also, you can replace the chrome fuel door with a satin black one for under $100 and it's literaly a 5-minute (no-tools) driveway swapout. There are also some cool options if you don't like the Ram's head shield on the nose (something many '09, '10 owners do).

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Nice car. I don't know how you feel about those chrome wheels, but that Black on Red car is begging for satin-black wheels to match those stripes. You can get the exact same style as those original chrome ones, in satin black, from a couple different after-market suppliers for under $250 each. Also, you can replace the chrome fuel door with a satin black one for under $100 and it's literaly a 5-minute (no-tools) driveway swapout. There are also some cool options if you don't like the Ram's head shield on the nose (something many '09, '10 owners do).
Although, some people DO like the chrome wheels and cap. Just sayin.... I hear where you are coming from though.
That's what makes these cars SO much fun. You can express you own taste....personality. I'm working on some anthracite AR 5 Spokes. But my car is sliver....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Although, some people DO like the chrome wheels and cap. Just sayin.... I hear where you are coming from though.
That's what makes these cars SO much fun. You can express you own taste....personality. I'm working on some anthracite AR 5 Spokes. But my car is sliver....
I don't know where my aversion to chrome came from. I appreciate and prefer it on classic cars (even classic muscle-cars) when it was OE, and actually don't like the monochrome resto-mod versions of classic muscle cars....but on the current modern cars, i just can't make myself like it. Even machined/brushed aluminum wheels don't look right to me. I did see a few silver Challengers that had a lot of chrome that looked ok, but Chrome on any dark color or Chrome on a car that already has two colors (Base plus stripes), just looks a little off, like a third color that doesn't go with the other two.

The vehicles that really freak me out are the Laramie and Bighorn RAMs. They chrome everything. I have a Rebel, and I couldn't stand the silver integral brush-plate in the front (black) bumper, so I had it Rhino-lined when I got the bed done. I guess it's just one of those things like Peanut Butter and Bacon sandwiches. Some people love it, some people don't.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I don't know where my aversion to chrome came from. I appreciate and prefer it on classic cars (even classic muscle-cars) when it was OE, and actually don't like the monochrome resto-mod versions of classic muscle cars....but on the current modern cars, i just can't make myself like it. Even machined/brushed aluminum wheels don't look right to me. I did see a few silver Challengers that had a lot of chrome that looked ok, but Chrome on any dark color or Chrome on a car that already has two colors (Base plus stripes), just looks a little off, like a third color that doesn't go with the other two.

The vehicles that really freak me out are the Laramie and Bighorn RAMs. They chrome everything. I have a Rebel, and I couldn't stand the silver integral brush-plate in the front (black) bumper, so I had it Rhino-lined when I got the bed done. I guess it's just one of those things like Peanut Butter and Bacon sandwiches. Some people love it, some people don't.
I'm suspecting a generational thing. Were you around during the first go round? I was but was somehow a camaro kid.
Yet my Dad's friend owned the Dodge dealership we used to stop at on the way home from work most days. Ughhhhh!
But that is where my chrome wheel love came from. The old Cragar days. THAT'S ALL WE HAD! almost. lol.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I was there. My first car was a 1971 Javelin (in 1980). I later owned a 74 Cutlass S and a 75 Catalina. So I had the chromed 70's cars. When my Javelin needed a paint job, I sandblasted the chrome bumpers and all of the chrome trim and painted them flat black (Dark Midnight Blue for the main color). The only chrome left was the Appliance Slotted mags. Maybe it was how that car turned out that made me like de-chromed cars.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I was there. My first car was a 1971 Javelin (in 1980). I later owned a 74 Cutlass S and a 75 Catalina. So I had the chromed 70's cars. When my Javelin needed a paint job, I sandblasted the chrome bumpers and all of the chrome trim and painted them flat black (Dark Midnight Blue for the main color). The only chrome left was the Appliance Slotted mags. Maybe it was how that car turned out that made me like de-chromed cars.
Yep! We really don't change...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts