Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I purchased a '18 T/A 392 last week. She's granite with the 6-speed manual. Love at first internet web page view. I had to make a trip to Norther VT to get her. I intend to be relatively tame with this car, but there's no doubt I will get carried away at times.

My name is Tim, and I'm from upstate NY (shocker) and 30 years old. This is my "lower-end" dream car (with the higher-end being an Aston Martin DB series) and I want her to last me until I'm dead. I've never owned anything remotely similar to this car. I had a '02 Saturn SL1 from age 17 to 25 and a base '13 Impreza from 25 to present, both with manual transmissions. I'll store my new Challenger for the winters and drive the Impreza into the ground.

I won't being doing many (any?) modifications, major ones anyway. I'll probably be mostly a lurker here and maybe bug you folks with questions about winter storage when that time approaches. Likely maintenance and product recommendations as well. I'll get around to adding some photos to my profile when I take some.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Any other upstaters out there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome Tim, I am in Western N.Y. As far as one can get, 30 miles from Erie Pa, 100 from Buffalo. Enjoy the forum, lots of good info and great Challenger folks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,848 Posts
Welcome from California Tim ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new T/A 392 [only built these for '17 & '18]

couple of items for you since your new to the model:

> air filter is washable and not oiled

> oil is 0W-40 full syn and intervals for change are every 6K

> the hood is painted finish. Dr. Beasley's is one of the recommended products for caring for that finish. Don't use any polishes or waxes on this finish that you'd used on gloss paint finishes. Roof and trunk are vinyl wrap

your owners manual is loaded in the touch screen radio. There's several levels of break in recommendations for the 392 as well as for the driveline

Enjoy the ride...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts