1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New menber from Alberta Canada

Hello to all.
Just got on this site,,, looks good.

Just bought a 2010 plum crazy srt 8/std - 2 weeks ago.
Got it in Alberta 1 day before the snow flew.

Got to start it at the dealership and then trailer it home 9 hours and put it into hibernation till spring. (about 6 months.)

Talk about a long wait. (Oh well it will be worth it.)

Sold a true 69 Charger 500 to own this car.
Hope i made the right move.

I know some people will call me crazy.
I called it Plum crazy!!!!

Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome to CT Jim :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hey Jim, as they say welcome to the forum.... I am waiting for my 2011 DWB SRT392 in Calgary. I am wondering where you must be located to have a 9 hour trailer drive. Wow! I am hoping for some winter Rocky Mountain chinooks to hit so I can take my ride for a spin before spring officially hits!!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrads, lots from Alberta here

·
Registered
711 Posts
wohooo another Alberta member, hey Blakki, fellow Calgarian, when the snow thaws, there is a group of us that meets every Sunday at Timmies down from the Soccer Dome. you guys should join us.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
wohooo another Alberta member, hey Blakki, fellow Calgarian, when the snow thaws, there is a group of us that meets every Sunday at Timmies down from the Soccer Dome. you guys should join us.
Thanks X... sounds like fun. That would be the Soccer Dome in the S.E. that just collapsed again?!

·
Registered
711 Posts
^ yes that is the spot. I guess we can't call it a Soccer Dome, since it took on the same ill fate as the Metrodome hahaha, but few us diehards still meet every Sunday even in the winter for coffee, we call it the Winter Beater meet hahahaha, but you are welocme to join anytime, we meet at 6-630 every sunday

and as for Ghost, he's just jealous he can't pull off the stylish Trappers hat "eh!" luck us cancuks can!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am from Grande Prairie Ab. (Northern)
Bought the car in Hanna Ab. of all places. (little town) You would know.
10+ hrs. Approx 800kms from here according to map sorce.

Had one for sale here in G.P. but sold within a month or less.
Was not sure then if i was going to buy one. (had to sell a car 1st)

Tried to find one through the dealership here, but they could not find one.

Got lucky and found this one.

Had 40 kms on it. Still has 40 kms on it.

Had to be pcp for me.

Thanks Blakki.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
^^^ Oh ya! I have spent time in both G.P. and Hanna. I work in the natural gas biz and spent many weeks in the G.P. office and facilities. Congrats on the ride. I test drove a PCP SRT in Calgary before deciding to order a 2011. The wife wasn't as "crazy" about it as me;-) You have a sweet ride, and it looks like it will be unique for awhile longer as PCP is not on the 2011 color list yet!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tried to buy one from Grande Praire.... at the time it was 10 grande over sticker.(only 10 srt8's in alberta available at the time) I told them I could get it for sticker. They said where? I said yah right. The sales person said "I'll give you ten if u get the car here and I'll still sell it for more"
Pfffffft couldn't believe it.
Bought mine in Slave Lake

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Val, I like the group shot.
Becha' the chevies were shakin' when they saw those comming.
Thats good banner material.

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts