Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Not sure who Scott is but I took note. Thanks for posting. DR options are starting to build.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I considered a 20" DR recently, but don't you want a taller side wall for more flex?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yes speedy more flex is softer on the drive train but it would be nice to be able to track the car without a jack too

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
MT is giving us an option. I'm currently running Nitto NT05's and they don't hook with a SC. I ran the Hooiser lightweight radials on my 67 dodge 472 stroker and my 60's were 1.49's. I don't think there is a problem with flex. I just ordered 17" weld wheels should arrive today and I bought MT 275/40/17 DR's. But if MT is making a 20" DR I'm in. I drive my car to the track and I don't want to change wheels and tires each time. I called MT and asked for a set to test out before spring. If I get them I post the results. Like you guys I'm looking at 11's in the spring.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I considered a 20" DR recently, but don't you want a taller side wall for more flex?
not to hijak the thread, but i was thinking the same thing...

i created a thread about running 265/50 20's which offer a huge sidewall for flex but make the overall diameter pretty big which would effect gearing. is that the main reason we dont see more people trying bigger sidewalls on 20" rims?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
gears

In our case BD with 3.92 gears I would rather stay with a 28" dia tire vs a smaller tire. What I want is a wider tire to put more tread on the track. For now I have a 26.5" dia MT 275/40/17 with a 3.92 gear puts me close to a 4.10 gear. If MT will make a 275/50/20 I'll take it. I want width and diameter for the track. I ran a Hoosier 29X9X15 lightweight radial and did 1.49 60's with my 67 RT stroker that turned 10.5's. Higer side walls and lower air pressure in a radial will give you the flex. The only challenge is our 20"Heritage rims weight a lot more.

not to hijak the thread, but i was thinking the same thing...

i created a thread about running 265/50 20's which offer a huge sidewall for flex but make the overall diameter pretty big which would effect gearing. is that the main reason we dont see more people trying bigger sidewalls on 20" rims?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts