Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow - what a difference my new Mopar (made by Corsa) pipes have made in sound primarily and a slight bit in performance. Check it out:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Very nice. good job :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The Corsa cat-back system is awesome. I have the Corsa exhaust system installed on both of my Challengers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Corsa cat-back system is awesome. I have the Corsa exhaust system installed on both of my Challengers.
Wow - you've got two of these monsters? That is excellent.

Yea- this Mopar/Corsa system was more pricey than I really wanted to originally shell out - and I could have gotten away with pipes that were a lot cheaper - but the quality of the stainless steel on these pipes should keep them rust free a lot longer and the sound they generate is classic.

They're very quiet until you put your foot down on the gas. They're still not super loud unless you punch it - but that's what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
They are great.
I thought it sounded great, rolling through the gears on the interior with the stock pipes. Then I let my wife drive it while I listened from outside. By time she got across the intersection, I couldn't even hear it. Disappointed. Not my idea of what a 425 hp retro muscle car should sound like.

Now with the Mopar (Corsa Sport) it sounds just as sweet as the interior did , and then some.

Nothing like cruising with the widows down listening to that sweet music. It never gets old and brings a smile to my face.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question: How much? Sounds great.
I got my local dealer to agree to match the Mopar Supercenter price - which was in the neighborhood of $1350. With tax - right at $1500.

No tax with the Mopar Superstore - but I'd have had to pay shipping - so I came out about the same getting them from the Dealer instead. It took them 2 weeks to receive them which I thought was way too long.

$180 for the installation - which took a couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I got my local dealer to agree to match the Mopar Supercenter price - which was in the neighborhood of $1350. With tax - right at $1500.

No tax with the Mopar Superstore - but I'd have had to pay shipping - so I came out about the same getting them from the Dealer instead. It took them 2 weeks to receive them which I thought was way too long.

$180 for the installation - which took a couple of hours.
Stratogeezer think I want to go with this system, seems there a couple different photos of what you get, and a YOUTUBE step by step that also is different than some photos. The Mopar Super Center has a photo looks like tips are adjustable and do not have the divider in the tip however they also have another photo appears tips are welded and divided like the 392. I have a 2010 SRT OEM system with the single opening and can be adjusted found that to be a real benefit to adjust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
also had mopar cat back installed last month. couldn't be happier with this system. starting to sound even better after putting miles on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have it also, love the no-droan. True old-school muscle sound when you open it up!

·
Banned
903 Posts
I have it on my 2010 SRT8 also, if you think it sounds good you should try it with the Solo h/f cats, WOW! Just a little deeper idle tone but when you mash the loud pedal it sounds really nice, no drone still and not obnoxious either.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
uscbrave, curious what tips came with your system and are they adjustable like the OEM or are they welded?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I have also been seeing this only available for the auto trans is there a system for the manual?

·
Banned
903 Posts
The Mopar system is made by Corsa and it is available for the Auto's & 6spd, mine is a 6spd. The tips that come on it are welded on, I had to cut them off and weld the ball socket off the stock exhaust onto to the Corsa to install the IE 392 Tips.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have the Mopar system for the R/T, and it is a 2.5" Borla catback. Very pleased with the sound. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
uscbrave, curious what tips came with your system and are they adjustable like the OEM or are they welded?
they are the split tip design. welded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts