Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally!
Some news on the long rumored Mopar long ram intake.

Mopar Cold-Air Intake – Long Ram Performance Version: This bolt-on system is designed to allow cooler air to enter a directional cone filter and be funneled directly into the intake manifold. With the long ram, the air source is fed from the fender-well area. For 2008–2010 Challenger, 2004–2010 Charger/300 with 5.7L or 6.1L V-8 engine. PN: 77070029; MSRP: $390.

Been waiting so for this baby! It is REAL:thumbsup:
I will assume it is made by AEM just like the short ram unit and re-badged MOPAR:smokin:

·
Registered
705 Posts
No pics or links??

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to CT member 2ndgen for posting this link on another topic.

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=10376&mid=6

It lists 10 new Mopar items that are on the way to us Mopar fans.
They are being shown at the Performance Racing Industry show in Orlando starting Dec. 9th.
Hopefully a photo will be out there soon.

·
Registered
705 Posts
390 bucks!!:jawdrop:
That thing needs to produce a lot of HP for that price.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Nice catch. I skimmed through that article before and missed that. It will probably be sold a little lower than msrp $390. Heck I may just skip the $2500 AFR shaker setup and just get this. I also saw a mopar rear strut brace coming as well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'll have to see some specs on what this thing does as far as cooler temps, increased airflow and increased hp. So far I've seen nothing out there that makes me want to shell out the cash. Most of the CAIs are actually HAIs (hot air intakes) instead of pulling cool air they actually suck more air from the engine compartment.
One of these days I'm going to follow through with my threat to build my own. Or maybe I'll just keep sitting in my recliner!!!:guiness:

Nice catch. I skimmed through that article before and missed that. It will probably be sold a little lower than msrp $390. Heck I may just skip the $2500 AFR shaker setup and just get this. I also saw a mopar rear strut brace coming as well.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
my guess is this is going to be similar to the stack bullet and legmaker intakes. the filter is located outside the engine bay, pulling cooler air. im happy with mine and it wasnt 390.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yeah I also heard the new Mopar CAI will be from AEM. It will probably look very similar to that one just with the Mopar grey finish and with the Mopar logo. Probably the blue filter as well. I don't mind paying a little extra to get the Mopar name.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
WOW, That's alot of twists and bends the air has to be sucked through.

I'm sure the Hp and flow numbers will be just as inflated as the price.

Course if your into name brand that's a mighty fine choice.

There are alot of the same design units out there for half the price if your willing to search.

You can even make one for around $110 tubing, couplers, filter and all.

Just letting those not in the know there are options.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
my guess is this is going to be similar to the stack bullet and legmaker intakes. the filter is located outside the engine bay, pulling cooler air. im happy with mine and it wasnt 390.
+1 to Stack. As far as performance numbers, the stack allowed me to run 3 consistent back to back runs at 13.0 @ 109 at the track (2.0x 60ft with stock F1s). Stack (1.8degs every 0.7secs) also drops IAT temps 2x more quickly than the stock intake (1.8 degs every 1.2 secs). I imagine the Legmaker and AEM brute will show similar numbers.

The Stack has an 85mm intake size at the filter and at the throttle body is 93mm. Really, for the 6.1L and 6.4L, you only need an 80-85mm throttle body. (http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=194536)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts