Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Please tell me i did this right, sorry for sounding dumb, but the instructions sucked and no info on the plumming. I watched a youtube video on the plumbing, and i think it became clear.
I also kept the factor plastic hose and rubber hose to the back on it. I tried to get it off, but it wasnt budging. Is this ok?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
That looks similar to how I mounted mine and its working just fine. I used a 90 degree elbow that I had from something else to bring that front hose in a bit closer but thats the only difference I see.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Hey. I would check the height of your can...mine rubbed against the bottom of my hood and dug into the aluminum hood a bit and marked up the catch can. I had to loosen up the Allen bolt in the mounting bracket and lower the can down a bit to correct the issue.

It wasn't rubbing enough to the point where I could tell when I shut the hood, but apparently it was rubbing pretty good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Long as u got one goin in, and one goin out, yer good.
They're all basically the same, simple system.

I used one of the factory 90d connectors to pipe into the plenum, and it seems to have gone together well...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I installed a Billet Technologies catch can and did not like the rubber hoses. They were a little short also. I bought steel braided hoses with clamps and it looked good when done. The problem I had , is also in your photo. The hose rests next to the mounting pillar for the engine cover. It was a PITA to put the cover on. I found a piece of 90 degree rubber hose that came with the original set up and used it clear the pillar. If you notice a piece of plastic tubing that comes from the PCV , i cut that smaller and inserted it into the 90 degree rubber and then into my steel braided hose. I hope my picture better explains what I am trying to say. I need to shorten and reposition the longer hose, its sticking up just a bit and pushes onto the foam under the engine cover. I also had to buy a different air inlet. My 2014 RT Plus/auto came with a big black plastic "wart" that would have blocked my can placement. The air inlet I have is from a 2011 Charger. I will probably be getting a CAI set up and the new part will be wasted money anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hi all. Please tell me i did this right, sorry for sounding dumb, but the instructions sucked and no info on the plumming. I watched a youtube video on the plumbing, and i think it became clear.
I also kept the factor plastic hose and rubber hose to the back on it. I tried to get it off, but it wasnt budging. Is this ok?
The only thing I would change is how the line is wedged in between your fuel rail and manifold. After I hooked mine up I recorded some logs and I was seeing more knock. After moving the hoses so they didnt touch the rails, the knock dropped significantly. I guess there was some added heat from the hose.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The rubber hose connection at the back (PCV) is very tight. It was very cold when I tried to remove mine. After warming up the engine, I took it off very carefully with a pair of pliers. BE VERY CAREFUL!, you don't break off the little tube protruding. I put some "Tire Wet" on the inside of the hoses (with a Q-tip), made everything slide on easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts