Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this might be coming back. A lot of buzz on different sites. If its true to looks of the original I would be interested. If it turns out like the Chevy Blazer, just a name and no similarities, forget it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I'm laughing only because this rumor/discussion has existed since like the 1800's :) Don't hold your breath, but anything is possible

Here's a discussion from 2010

A Guy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Chrysler Voyager does sound right either. But a different gen is in charge now. And the Plymouth name on a car is just as familiar as Oakland to them.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The market place can't get enough compact CUVs. Dodge got nothing to sell, with the minivan going away. FCA need to spread out the Fiat 500X platform. All Toyotas are now built off of one platforms. Real Toyotas and not BMW or Subarus. FCA got too many platforms. History does repeat itself. Chrsyler invented one car fits all concept with the K-Car. It made the company sexy cash rich.

I say the new Barracuda will be a rebadge Jeep Renegade. It already got the round headlights.

·
Super Moderator
17,441 Posts
The market place can't get enough compact CUVs. Dodge got nothing to sell, with the minivan going away. FCA need to spread out the Fiat 500X platform. All Toyotas are now built off of one platforms. Real Toyotas and not BMW or Subarus. FCA got too many platforms. History does repeat itself. Chrsyler invented one car fits all concept with the K-Car. It made the company sexy cash rich.

I say the new Barracuda will be a rebadge Jeep Renegade. It already got the round headlights.
those stretched K-car models weren't all that great...

I remember the Chrysler Imperial and New Yorker that were around before the LH series
- they were trying really hard, but underneath it was a cheap car trying to be dressed up to compete against Cadillac and Lincoln

in two years they lost 50% of the value as used - nobody bought these

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
166 Posts
The future seems electric or hybrid driven, we're at the end of the era of modern muscle. I don't think Dodge would want something competing against the Charger or the Challenger, unless they eliminate one of them, so yeah, I think if there is a Cuda or the like coming out, it most likely be like the "Mustang-E" car that Ford recently put out that is inspired by heritage but a new CUV style that caters to today's masses. Kinda like what happened to the Dart? Crossd...I mean crossover days are here.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts