Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The writing is on the wall, guys.

Looking ahead to the next steps in the advancement of electric drag racing, NHRA has extended an open invitation to interested parties to participate in an open dialogue on the topic. This invitation includes, but is not limited to, OEM auto manufacturers, aftermarket parts suppliers, racecar builders, and companies that specialize in safety and fire suppression.

The first of numerous proposed meetings are scheduled to take place during the upcoming Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway, March 12-14.

NHRA prepares for expansion of electric vehicle racing; calls for manufacturer and industry input | NHRA

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
Nothing like Pounding a Battery to get the Cells to Short out and Start a Fire and Release Toxic Fumes... Disposal of them Burnt Wiring of Electric Motors,
Shortages of Copper and Aluminum coming soon as well. The Increased Demand for charging stations and Heavier Wires from the Power Companies
yeah I really see an advantage there... They can't keep up with Power Demands in Extreme Winter or Summer so this is going to be a huge mess at best.

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
The ICE didn't just happen overnight. Long before the NHRA came into being, engines were tweaked and developed. Discussions are one thing.........implementing them into drag racing as we know it is too far out.

The electric age is a slow walk. It's not a panacea.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Nothing like Pounding a Battery to get the Cells to Short out and Start a Fire and Release Toxic Fumes... Disposal of them Burnt Wiring of Electric Motors,
Shortages of Copper and Aluminum coming soon as well. The Increased Demand for charging stations and Heavier Wires from the Power Companies
yeah I really see an advantage there... They can't keep up with Power Demands in Extreme Winter or Summer so this is going to be a huge mess at best.
Spot on. Anyone who thinks this is truly "clean energy" is a fool. IMHO. I had electric cars in the 70's. They were called "slot cars". This is just the adult version of those adolescent toys. They will have to drag me kickin' and screamin'!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
The writing is on the wall, guys.

Looking ahead to the next steps in the advancement of electric drag racing, NHRA has extended an open invitation to interested parties to participate in an open dialogue on the topic. This invitation includes, but is not limited to, OEM auto manufacturers, aftermarket parts suppliers, racecar builders, and companies that specialize in safety and fire suppression.

The first of numerous proposed meetings are scheduled to take place during the upcoming Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway, March 12-14.

NHRA prepares for expansion of electric vehicle racing; calls for manufacturer and industry input | NHRA

View attachment 1016084
If that Mustang pic isn't all electric.....itz another joke and scam by propagandists.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Couldn't agree more! One thing about new age environmentalist promoting their agenda of control of others people behavior, they universally lie. IMO.

Sweet!!!! Can't wait, electric cars are FAST as Hell!!!!
I am assuming that you are under 30? To each his own just don't mandate it!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,499 Posts
I am assuming that you are under 30? To each his own just don't mandate it!
Nope, 51, and after this year I will have 24k wrapped up in go fast mods (last year and this year) and it still will not run with a Tesla. You and I will still be able to buy gasoline. I just hope Chrysler gets their crap together.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Nope, 51, and after this year I will have 24k wrapped up in go fast mods (last year and this year) and it still will not run with a Tesla. You and I will still be able to buy gasoline. I just hope Chrysler gets their crap together.
There is no denying the speed possibilities with electric. Instant torque. My old slot cars would spin the tires like crazy. Just not my thing. But I got 10 years on you. My problem is that this (EV) is going to be forced on us under false premises. Curious, In your opinion, what does Chrysler need to do?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,499 Posts
There is no denying the speed possibilities with electric. Instant torque. My old slot cars would spin the tires like crazy. Just not my thing. But I got 10 years on you. My problem is that this (EV) is going to be forced on us under false premises. Curious, In your opinion, what does Chrysler need to do?
Get on the ball with EVs or be left behind Ford and GM

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Get on the ball with EVs or be left behind Ford and GM
I have to agree, as much as I dislike them. But as I said to each his own. This has been a character flaw of mine all my life. I am just resistant to new technology. I like my comfort zone. Nothing scares the hell out of like a new AP or operating system. Hell, I still think the microwave is a passing fad.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I don't mind a class or two devoted to the technology of electric. Nothing compares to the sights, sounds, and feels of an ICE engine but the entire industry is going electric whether we want it too or not so if it can help push technology have at it.

I don't think it's any greener than any other technology but there's no debating if it has a ton of potential. I'm keeping my Scat Pack or going Hellcat while I can because I love ICE while realizing there will be tons of electric cars in the near future that will be much faster.

·
Registered
723 Posts
"Get on the ball with EVs or be left behind Ford and GM"................an entrepreneur will have this figured out long before the stodgy 3 (or 4 or 5....etc.). Go find that entrepreneur!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The electrics are crazy fast. Forget about the green thing...They will be future because man has to go faster than the next. This is going to be fact whether we like them or not.

2021 Tesla S Plaid from factory
0-60 : 1.9 sec.
1/4 Mile: 9's
And it's a 4 door sedan.

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The electrics are crazy fast. Forget about the green thing...They will be future because man has to go faster than the next. This is going to be fact whether we like them or not.
Don Garlits set a record in an electric dragster- 7:23 sec. @183 mph. Watch this video. All you hear is tire sound. I really miss hearing the engine and exhaust. Sounds like a giant slot car.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Don Garlits set a record in an electric dragster- 7:23 sec. @183 mph. Watch this video. All you hear is tire sound. I really miss hearing the engine and exhaust. Sounds like a giant slot car.

That's because that's what it is. We are facing the end of an era. Soooo sad. All the aftermarket suppliers/mod shops that will get killed (slowly). I mean just how many mods can you do to an EV?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

I can't believe they let that woman stand inside of the walls down track. **** that anything can happen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts