Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a project for my STX to install a new OEM spoiler with a back up camera.

I have already upgraded the head unit to the mygig RHR 730N and its working as expected. Next task is to find and install the wiring from the 730N to the trunk lid (I don't believe its there from the factory). After that, I'll tackle the spoiler installation.

I have 2 questions: 1. Does anyone know where I can order the oem wiring harness that connects the camera to the head unit? And 2. Is there anyone who has successfully done a new spoiler installation (no existing spoiler) that has some tips to share?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
In regards to question #2, I installed a spoiler on my 2013 SXT. No back-up camera, but the bumper did have back -up sensors. Anyway, the spoiler came with a template to lay out on your trunk, so you would know where to drill the holes. I think it was 5 plastic push pins in the middle, and two bolts on the outer ends. I no longer have this car, but the installation went well for me. I just wish I could remember where I bought the spoiler from to help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The template helps! I had planned to make my own with cardboard but I'm sure the one that comes with it will be more precise

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,792 Posts
I don't believe there was an OEM backup camera, so you'd likely need something like

Not positive the OEM camera will interface. and OEM spoilers with camera are 2015+. It can fit your 2014, but you'd need to drill a hole for the wiring as well as locating pins. You might want to look into a camera that mounts above the license plate...you'll still need an interface for the radio as above

Or something like this:

A Guy

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts