·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are you happy with yourself? Now I gotta buy some of theses way cool things. Now I gotta spend more money. Good find dude. I was wondering what i was gonna replace the dodge with.

·
Registered
537 Posts
These are pretty cool...... However, and this is just a question..., why do some folks not like the "Dodge" letters in that black plastic area? I've also noticed folks getting rid of those letters on the 2014 and earlier designs as well. I mean, its your car(s) so you're free to do as you like, but it is a Dodge and it just says "Dodge". I don't understand. Again...., this is JUST a question. Good luck and enjoy your ride. :|

·
Registered
331 Posts
These are pretty cool...... However, and this is just a question..., why do some folks not like the "Dodge" letters in that black plastic area? I've also noticed folks getting rid of those letters on the 2014 and earlier designs as well. I mean, its your car(s) so you're free to do as you like, but it is a Dodge and it just says "Dodge". I don't understand. Again...., this is JUST a question. Good luck and enjoy your ride. :|

When I added a Daytona style light cover to the rear, I put a R/T badge on it. However easy it was to put Dodge, it was an easy place for me to put the logo as well. I just thought it looked better!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm with you, Jim. I put the matching DODGE letters on the hood (as a tribute to the '70 Challenger). I like the DODGE on the back.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm with you, Jim. I put the matching DODGE letters on the hood (as a tribute to the '70 Challenger). I like the DODGE on the back.
I remember that from the 1970 model. I liked it. I guess we all like to "personalize" our cars a bit even though I still have the stupid Dealer's licence plate bracket on the back of my car. I really need to replace with something else. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Noooooooooooooo.. The first think I do is take that stupid dealer-plate ring off. Just got a new Pilot for the wife, and before she could even lower the garage door (first time home), I was out there with the cordless drill, removing it. My RAM had some sort of dealer "decal" on the tailgate that I had to remove with heat and "Goo-Gone".

Here's a photo of my Challenger and the '70 I used as inspiration for my Hood letters, scoop numbers, and side R/T badges. Depending on how long I keep this '13....I might do the Rally wheels and hood-pins to complete the tribute. Probably won't do the luggage rack.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
One of our clubs members for his SPS - removed the letters got the Shaker fender bee and put that on.

Simple and looks like it could have been OEM.

Its the only spot on the exterior that has the make - and I like the lettering.

Cleaning around it takes a little more attention, but that's about it.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
495 Posts
For me I want to have that clean look with nothing back there.. Haven't done it yet but they will come off before its back on the road.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Only the '13 is mine. The 1970 R/T is just one I found on the interweb and I used it for inspiration for badging mods to mine.

Red leather interior in a black car has been a bucket list item of mine, ever since I saw it in a 1967 Chevelle SS convertible that an Air Force buddy of mine had, back in the 80's. Scoured Autotrader 5 years ago this month, and found this R/T Classic sitting at a Toyota dealer in Maryland. Some knucklehead bought in November 2012, drove it for 3 weeks (600 miles), got it on snow once, panicked, and traded it back in because he was afraid to drive it in the snow, and couldn't afford a vehicle he couldn't drive year round. Must have taken a huge depreciation hit, because I got it for $7500 below sticker price. Now it's got $65K and has only had one bad ABS sensor (no other issues besides mice eating the O2 sensor and the unfortunate deer crash).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ya, I know the '70 wasn't/isn't yours..... I was just commenting on it's coolness. Wrt your car...., the original owner would have spent less money buying a winter beater(s) while keeping the Challenger since he already bought it rather than trading in. But hey..., that's how good deals happen. Glad you snagged it when you did.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Instead of the dodge,maybe mopar or the scat bee,something in vinyl. It does scratch very easily.

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Now I need to find a vinyl decal of the dodge letters just like the oem ones.
I'm certain they could probably get the artwork and print that into the vinyl - wouldn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ya, I know the '70 wasn't/isn't yours..... I was just commenting on it's coolness. Wrt your car...., the original owner would have spent less money buying a winter beater(s) while keeping the Challenger since he already bought it rather than trading in. But hey..., that's how good deals happen. Glad you snagged it when you did.
I got a similar good deal on my loaded (all but sunroof) '16 Rebel. Mid summer 2016, I found a used Rebel, with 2700 miles, went into service in Feb '17. Owner traded it after attempting to buy tire chains for it, and found that they would void the warranty (because of the air suspension). Apparently "needed" them for access to his camp in the winter. No idea what kind of hit he took on the trade in, but I got a truck with a sticker price of almost $54K for just over $42K. Dealer said that guys spending that much coin on a truck don't normally want somebody's cast-off, was the reason for the low price. Been a great truck so far. HEMI sounds better than the one in the Challenger.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
Thanks for posting this Bill! :cheers:

I saw this the other day, while cruising around the "WorkPlayDrive" channel.

If you use workplaydrive on the Luxe site, it'll save you 15% too.

By the way, I have no affiliation with workplaydrive.

I just Enjoy and Appreciate the videos that he makes concerning Challenger mods/info.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts