Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for several weeks at SRT8's. I will be making a purchase in the coming weeks. I am not sure to go new or used. For starters, Does anyone know if the 2010 5 year 100K mile warranty is transferable to a second or third owner would only the standard 3/36K? I believe that this is only offered on the 2010's and not 09's (only 3year 36K), is this correct? I haven't gone and sat at the dealership to get real pricing on a new one but I would assume that I am going to easily hit 40K when I do. I have been able to find several (mostly 09's) for around 35K. So trying to determine if it would be worth $5+K to go new. Any input or advice for a soon to be new owner would be appreciated!!

·
Banned
557 Posts
None of us know your financial situation, but for most people, that helps make the decision. Simply stated, you can't buy more car than you can comfortably afford.

Assuming either is in your price range, I think it's at least worth talking to a dealership about a new one. I am currently looking at a LIGHTLY loaded RT with 6-speed and looking to BUY around $27k out the door. They are discounting sticker price around $6,200.

I've heard SRT's getting $10k +/- discount off sticker. So $45k - $10k = $35k and you have a NEW one vs used one and don't have to worry about the transfer of warranty. Plus "theoretically" speaking a '10 should be worth more than a '09 in a year or two down the road.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
The 09 SRT has a 3/36 warranty, no 5/100. However you can probably buy up to a 7/100 Chrysler service contract so depending on price of the various cars an 09 with a service contract might make sense.

Google "Chrysler service contract" and you will find several places to get prices on line. As long as it is the genuine Chrysler service contract it makes no difference where you buy it as it comes directly from Chrysler, not the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts