Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much deliberation and the help of so many members on here, I took home a 2020 rt scat pack wide body about 3 weeks ago.

Here are my first impressions.

1. The sound. It’s music to my ears. Unapologetically American and intoxicating. Something about it just gets my blood racing. I love listening to classic rock but add the sound of that 392 and it just fits so well!

The motor: Holy crap does this thing just want to run! Just apply a little pressure to the gas and if I’m not watching the speedometer, I’m probably breaking the law. It is nice tho when I look back in my rear view and see everyone else car lengths behind me.

IT RUNS HOT! Not just a little hot, but super hot. I mean hours after I drive it, I still can’t touch anything in the engine bay. Makes me concerned when washing.

The technology: The Uconnect system is pretty awesome. Getting it activated was a pain in the butt tho. Adaptive suspension, drive modes, performance pages... this thing reminds me of knight rider. I don’t need a car to make phone calls for me but this thing is just impressive!

The exterior: Everyone assumes it’s a hellcat. I mean it has the looks but I swear I see their lips curl down when I mention I ONLY have 485 HP. The one thing that concerned me was the hood with the heat extractors. I don’t hit the hood hard with water but even with the open design I don’t see more than a drop or two of water in the engine bay. Clever design on dodges part.

The aftermarket: it’s great! Tons of options, affordable upgrades, and tons of tutorials and advice on here and YouTube.

Other drivers: it catches their attention. Even without an impact color (which I decided against because I don’t need to be a cop magnet any more than it already is).

People in cars that would make a legit race, like chargers, Camaro's, Mustangs, etc. They just nod or wave or something. I haven’t been challenged.

People in stupid shit like lifted dodge rams, jeep wranglers, Honda civics....A fricken Land Rover.... these are the guys who try to race me. Why? Can someone explain this to me?

Car shows: been to a couple, you can tell the people who think it’s “just another challenger” and those who are able to tell you what makes the scat pack a little different... probably doesn’t help when I’m parked between a 911 turbo and a Lamborghini.

To summarize: as a guy who has owned fords, Honda’s...Toyotas and never a dodge before, I gotta say, this thing is in a League of its own based on what you get for your money. Very happy with this purchase and I would say anyone who isn’t sold on dodge needs to go test drive one. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Congrats. Nice looking ride. Keep enjoying it!

Reactions: Delta Bravo

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
613 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
57 Posts
Nice ride, and great color!
Im into the more subdued colors as well, and for sure dig the silver color pallet the FCA provides.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
614 Posts
Thanks for the review and pictures. NO car is perfect every day .... but Dodge has done a LOT of things right with the Challenger. It knows what it is and is unapologetic about what it is.

And what it is, is a modern version of classic muscle. Just far more comfortable and reliable than the classics were/are.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Don't bother with ECO Mode. What a joke! Makes your car run like a broke dick dog (I borrowed that from Predator!).
I picked up mine on Friday, haven't had a chance to put but 59 miles on her so far. Too much smoke from the wildfires out here in Oregon.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
....IT RUNS HOT! Not just a little hot, but super hot....
So during the break-in miles, 300-500 range, it calls for varying the RPMs across the entire range. I was driving home on the freeway. Every few miles I would pop the transmission into manual mode and downshift to get in a higher RPM range for a few minutes. I was watching the gauges. The oil temp climbed very quickly 30+ degrees in to the 240's. Coolant temp stayed even though. Put it back in 8th gear and the oil temp dropped right back down. Surprised me. That said... I have never had the ability to monitor oil temps on other cars - so maybe this is simply normal?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I seem to grab the attention of every Mustang on the road. I'm not out to race anyone, nor do I care if they want to talk $hit. Last night took mine to my kids Trap Practice, and a dude in a black mustang felt the need to rev his car as he past me, like I was going to be impressed.

I really love my Wide Body Scat Pack. As much as I'd love to have a Hell Cat the price is too far out of reach for me, so until my kids are in my house I'll have what I have.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
I seem to grab the attention of every Mustang on the road. I'm not out to race anyone, nor do I care if they want to talk $hit....
Bringing it home from Idaho, getting in to the city freeway, about 10pm at night. Street bike goes flying by. I'm in the right lane, he is a two lanes over. Slams on the binders and I catch up to him. Starts motioning to me that he wants to race. My wife was following in her Jeep. I have a set of real two-way radios (not cheesy FRS ones). Hold that up and talk to my wife about the guy on the bike. As soon as he saw the two-way radio he shot out of there like crazy! Probably thought I was some sort of LEO.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bringing it home from Idaho, getting in to the city freeway, about 10pm at night. Street bike goes flying by. I'm in the right lane, he is a two lanes over. Slams on the binders and I catch up to him. Starts motioning to me that he wants to race. My wife was following in her Jeep. I have a set of real two-way radios (not cheesy FRS ones). Hold that up and talk to my wife about the guy on the bike. As soon as he saw the two-way radio he shot out of there like crazy! Probably thought I was some sort of LEO.
hahaha that’s awesome. He def thought you were about to turn on the lights and tag his ass. I would have done the same thing if I were him.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Scat Pack
7 Posts
I have similar observations as a new Scat Pack owner. I've been challenged - and nearly sideswiped - by Mustangs, Infinitis, trucks and a woman in an AMG Mercedes.

I've never experienced a V8 that revs so freely, the jump from 4-5K was a shock on yesterday's commune home.

My expectations have been met, and then some.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts