Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well an almost new owner anyway - she's been on order for 3 weeks now and hope to have her in my driveway in about 6 more - hopefully in time for the snow to be all gone!! Been lurking around here for months now learning as much as I could about my new ride and have to say ChallengerTalk is simply awesome - all my questions or concerns have been answered or put to rest after searching the posts found here. Since I am well on my way through the order process (still at BX) I thought it is about time to come out of lurk-mode and introduced myself.

I have loved the Dodge Challenger since I was 14 years old when a buddy and I went to the theatre one Saturday in the summer of 1971 to watch a supposedly "cool" car movie - Vanishing Point. I will never forget it - we stayed and watched it 3 times in a row and then went back the next weekend to watch it 3 more times!! (you were allowed to do that back then) I always dreamed of owning a Challenger some day and that day is almost here - albeit 43 years later!

This will be a year-round, daily driver for me and the first brand new car I "personally" have ever owned (the wife has had 3 now) - so I went all-out and factory ordered all the options I wanted (like a kid in a candy store!). I ordered a Phantom Black 3.6L V6 305HP SXT Plus with leather interior, the Super Sport Group (SS/T), 20" chrome wheels, Electronics Convenience Group, Sound Group II with sub-woofer, HID headlamps, 730N with Nav, Power Sunroof, oh, and did I say it was Black!

I opted for the V6 instead of the 5.7L Hemi R/T because of the initial cost and the fact that this car has to handle our winter weather and all the torque of that 5.7 would likely just get me into trouble in the snow! To see for myself how well the Challenger handled our winters (and to put my wife's mind at rest about it), I rented a brand new 2014 Torred SXT Plus for the last week in November - just when a big snowstorm struck - and was impressed how easily it handled the snow. It was definitely money well spent.

At 57, I am semi-retired, so this will likely be the last car I own strictly for myself. By the time I need to replace it we will probably want to downsize to only one vehicle and the practical side of my wife and her wants/needs/desires, when it comes to a new vehicle at least, will trump mine (I am comfortable knowing my place in life!)

Thanks to the research I have done here, I've already put together a whole list of Mods I want to make to my car once I get it and I will be posting pics as I go along. Who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and find the most prized mod of all - a hidden dated signature from "BramptonBuilder" or "ResumeSpeed" when I get my new car! Hint, Hint.

Already met a couple of owners from London here and hope to meet others as time goes by. Come on Spring!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your soon to arrive new ride.

·
Administrator
3,746 Posts
Official welcome Bill from a fellow Londoner!

Bernie

WORLD control by Samsung Galaxy S4 AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
5,656 Posts
Welcome from way down here in South Florida! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Curt, I have already! I joined the SOC FB page and subscribed to the "Ontario" sub-forum here, so all I need is my car and a place to go!
If you've ever been to the Sunday evening Cruise Night at the Canadian Tire here in east London, I live so close I can hear the music they play and the 50/50 draw announcements from my back yard!

Welcome. Check us out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woo Hoo!! :banana: My build status has been bumped from "BX" to "D"!! And I now have its VIN number!!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome to CT

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome from across the lake.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone!!

Apparently my build status is now "D1" so things are progressing. Estimated ship date is February 8th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts