Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations and good luck!!! Unless you are somewhere it is hot I would not count on getting much bite. In comes the hard part, applying the throttle. Let us know, more than interested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Weather says 73 on saturday. Best I?ve done on the street if performance page is correct is a 12.7 I would be happy with a few 12 Second runs knowing drag radials will get me closer come spring.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Where do you live, what track? Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
You should be able to get into the 12s easy there, deep into the 12s if you have the automatic. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Wow, I'm originally from Troy NY..... I'll be at the track on Sunday..... My dad will be there both days in our 69 R/T..... Hope to see you there, it will be nice to hang out with folks from the forum. I'm super geeked as this will be the first time I've raced on my home town track..... Finally able to knock this on off my bucket list. Have fun, I know I will.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
You should be able to get into the 12's somewhere. The stock Goodyears suck though. You lose a lot of ET wasting time feathering it out of the hole with street tires. But it will still be fun.

If you can get a set of drag radials on the back that will totally change things. 275/40/20 M/T ET Street S/S's fit perfectly on the stock 20x9 rim and work great on the street and track. Ran a set all last year and then on the street only this year.

I'll be heading to the track Sunday as well. Won't be an awesome DA but will still be fun! Good luck at the track!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having a blast! First run wasn?t worth talking about. Nothing but spinning. Second run let some air out of the tires and ran a 13.0. Third run I eased out and ran a 12.47. Followed it with a 12.45. I?m more than pleased!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Terrific! Would love to see the time slips!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great passes, especially on factory tires!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks very happy. Was a scat Pack there with drag radials and a supercharger only running 12.0s, but in his defense it was a 6 Speed car

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Really good!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You'll hit high 11's easily with drag radials and some practice.

Scat Pack with supercharger ran 12.0? What was the DA? Seems like it should be deep in the 11's at a minimum. I ran 12.0 last year many times with just a 20" drag radial on the back.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
^ I don't understand why the M6 is so much slower than the A8 though. I can see it being a couple tenths slower, but from what I've seen at the track and from what I've read on here, it's more like .5 or so. It seems to be lost in the 60ft. Even some of the more highly modded M6 cars are still in the 1.8's while a stock A8 with drag radials can pull 1.70-1.72 pretty easily.

I know they have a lot of torque management built into the tune around the shifts. I know there's also some sort of clutch delay valve or something that can be removed to help out. I guess the A8 just shifts that much faster and is able to launch that much harder due to the aggressive gearing off the line?

My old R/T was an M6 and man that car was fun to drive! But it was hard to launch at the track. I think part of it was I was always afraid in the back of my mind that if I got too aggressive off the line I'd snap a half shaft or break something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts