Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 SRT8

Headliner sagging behind sunroof and loose around the windshield - is this common and any fix?
Shift points in automatic - seems to shift gears at very low RPM's and makes it feel very sluggish. In Autostic it is flawless so I am thinking it might be a programming issue?
Throttle response - seems to have a slight hesitation when you mash the throttle?
No Keyfob Detected - several times when trying to start the car it tells me that it does not detect the keyfob?

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!

Mac & LadyMac

·
Registered
545 Posts
Headliner - My 11 RT had this issue and I hate to tell you - 2 dealerships and direct calls to Chrysler never managed to get it totally fixed .
Used the repair kit (basically a few Velcro strips), replaced the entire headliner multiple times , replaced trim around sunroof - they just never got it right, after a few weeks the headliner sagged again . thats how it was when i traded it in . My 12 SRT8 without a sunroof does not have a single headliner issue

Keyfob issue sounds like a battery that needs to be replaced

Not quite sure about shifting , hesitation issue

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
From what I have read is there is a new trim for the sunroof opening that has a larger surface area and holds the headliner better.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
2010 SRT8

Headliner sagging behind sunroof and loose around the windshield - is this common and any fix?
Shift points in automatic - seems to shift gears at very low RPM's and makes it feel very sluggish. In Autostic it is flawless so I am thinking it might be a programming issue?
Throttle response - seems to have a slight hesitation when you mash the throttle?
No Keyfob Detected - several times when trying to start the car it tells me that it does not detect the keyfob?

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!

Mac & LadyMac
No issue with saggy headliner here...2010 R/T.
Auto naturally likes to race through the gears for fuel economy. I use autostick 100% to waste fuel and to get rid of 4 cylinder drone since I don't have stock exhaust...plus its more fun.
Stock throttle response is crap...yep. :clap:
No Keyfob Detected..yep..bang it on the shifter...she'll detect. :bangin:

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,024 Posts
Never had the headliner issue. Try a new battery in the key fob.
It is a 4 year old car. You can try pulling fuse number two and leave it
Out for, I believe about 20 minutes. This will reset the adaptics.
How many miles on the car? Might need plugs and or a tune.

·
Super Moderator
17,470 Posts
get a new CR2032 battery (one for each fob)

-remove the metal 'emergency' key

-carefully split the fob by going around the edge, gradually

-replace battery

-click the fob back together (pressing on on the edges, not the buttons) until it all snaps flat

-re-insert the emergency key

...that should resolve the "Fob Not Detected" messages

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...on the way to get a new battery now, kind of bummed about the headliner issue, and last but not least we did not know about the Sport/Track Mode which might answer my questions about shift points and throttle response. Will see when I go out and get the fob battery! Time to light 'em up!!

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,024 Posts
In your first post you show a 2010 SRT. If you have a 2010 there is no
Sport/track mode.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does the battery drain pretty quickly on the Dodge FOB? I have a basic lock/unlock FOB for my 02 Silverado and I have never replaced the battery. Even after swimming in the ocean with it.

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
Does the battery drain pretty quickly on the Dodge FOB? I have a basic lock/unlock FOB for my 02 Silverado and I have never replaced the battery. Even after swimming in the ocean with it.
I have had my car for 2 years and two months so far and still on the original batteries. What affects someone's time frame is if the car sat at the dealer for a while that amount of time has to be added to the person's ownership time as they have to lose some charge just by sitting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts