Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Shaker
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 1st Dodge yesterday. 2016 Challenger R/T Shaker, Go Mango, 15k miles.
I have noticed that even on cold starts, sometimes, the radiator fan is really loud outside.
It's kinda embarrassing that the fan is louder than the exhaust on this thing.

Is this normal?

Also, speaking of loud noise, why so quiet when stock? My old 4.6L Mustang GT was way louder than this.

I can't have a Go Mango Shaker that is quiet.
Any advice on getting this thing louder without droning inside? Mid-muffler delete? mid-muffler swap?
I am on a very tight budget since I just spent my life savings on this car. lol.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Welcome here!

The 2018+ R/T's got the active exhaust, so they are no longer quiet.

I'm puzzled about the noise you are hearing at start up. The radiator fan shouldn't be turning at that point, I would think. It's electric and doesn't kick on until the engine is over 200+ degrees.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I've only had it for a day so I don't have a lot of data to go on yet. I'll check it out in different scenarios and see if I can narrow it down to specific moments.

Is there a way to tell if the previous owner was messing around with a tuner? It's still under manufacturer warranty so I may take it to the dealership and have them tell me there is nothing wrong or reflash it. lol

I'm also having issues with the Uconnect. Customer service can't figure it out either and escalated it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh.. looks like that question has been asked once or twice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I noticed mine the other day being loud but I then realized the AC was running. I put glass packs on mine and removed the resonators in the back , has that good old school muscle car sound to it for around $200. The drone you will get like it or not until you turn the MDS off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts