Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had this car for two days and I am curious as to whether there are a couple of mods on it. 2013 SRT8 392 with a 6 speed.

First is skip shift. I have not encountered this at all after driving a half a tank of fuel. Is it completely noticeable? Should I have seen it by now? I have been driving it easily and hard so I have hit of the driving variables.

Second is the exhaust. Howe loud is a stock SRT8? Mine clearly has factory mufflers but I am not sure about the resonators or whatever is between the engine and mufflers. It burbles and pops and is quite loud. It sounds great. I have no need to ever upgrade the exhaust. Can someone link a picture of a stock SRT8 exhaust? My searching gets me all kinds of stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Yeah that looks like the stock mufflers but what about the resonators? Should be two like this at the rear bumper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Yep it's the same. So the exhaust is stock. What about the skip shift?
Skip shift will only activate at light throttle and if you try to shift from 1 to 2 at exactly 2000 rpm, if you shift before or later than 2000 you will never see it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts