Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2016 Challenger R/T with 20 x 8 Alum whls.

I would like to upgrade to Brembo brakes all around and I´ve seen plenty of them been sold on eBay.

But as a new Challenger owner I have some questions.

Question 1
Would calipers from other Dodge models fit the 2015 - 2018 Challenger or does they have to come specifically from other Challengers?

Question 2
Would I need to change anything else to make this conversion? Spindle, control arms, bearings, anything else??

Question 3
Rotors Suggestion? Should I buy a set of Brembos with their rotors from a donor car on eBay or am I better off buying new rotors and the eBay Brembo calipers?

TKS for your help Guys!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2016 Challenger R/T with 20 x 8 Alum whls.

I would like to upgrade to Brembo brakes all around and I´ve seen plenty of them been sold on eBay.

But as a new Challenger owner I have some questions.

Question 1
Would calipers from other Dodge models fit the 2015 - 2018 Challenger or does they have to come specifically from other Challengers?

Question 2
Would I need to change anything else to make this conversion? Spindle, control arms, bearings, anything else??

Question 3
Rotors Suggestion? Should I buy a set of Brembos with their rotors from a donor car on eBay or am I better off buying new rotors and the eBay Brembo calipers?

TKS for your help Guys!!!
I don't know for sure about your fitment questions, my guess is you'll need to change spindles. Personally I would just buy a new set of rotors, can't imagine you'll save that much money buying used. And in a week or so I'll have my front 4 piston Brembos up for sale off of mine if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Yes you will need 4 spindles and they are about $700 each new so finding everything used if possible would be the way to go.

The whole swap is pretty expensive and not sure if your stock 20x8 wheels will work.

Unless you just want the Brembo look, a better option might be the police pursuit front 14.5" swap. About the same braking as the Brembos, much cheaper and they clear your stock wheels.

P5160035AB

www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-big-brake-kit-p5160035ab

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
Yes new spindles needed up front, new hubs needed in the rear
New rotors, calipers, pads, lines needed front and back
Some more brake fluid as you’ll lose some doing the swap
You’ll need new wheels too

Parts all fit the same between the 300s, chargers, challengers, magnums

Have fun, it’s a nice upgrade in stopping power

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
4 Posts
I know this is a old thread but I'm new here. I have a 2009 Chally R/T and I'm thinking about doing Brembos. I know I need the spindle knuckles etc. but my question is WHAT SIZE RIM DO I NEED TO USE? As I want to update the stock look anyways.. HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
All SRT's and Scat Packs with Brembos used 20-inch wheels but you have to watch the spoke design since some 20's will still hit the calipers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
4 Posts
So I need to go with at least 20x9 rim? Like 20x9.5? Or bigger? Then it doesn't matter whether it's a SRT OEM rim or aftermarket rim

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
The OEM sizes used with 4-piston Brembos were 20x9 with 25.5 mm offset, 20x9 with 18.5 mm and 20x9.5 with 18.5 mm offset so all these OEM wheels will fit right, problem is aftermarket wheels of the same size and specs might not fit due to spoke design but most probably will. All the Hellcat replicas fit if that is what you want.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts