Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first car. It is a 2015 Challenger R/T Shaker. Is there anything I should know about this car that wouldn't be common knowledge?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,635 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Alex. It's not a Charger as most will think ;) Automatic or Manual?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,635 Posts
On an auto, no Limited Slip as far as I know, Unless you knew that. A Guy

Reactions: AlexThortan

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Learn how to use the auto-stick mode. That's kind of fun. Your automatic becomes a manual, only it doesn't have a clutch to worry about. Sport mode is fun too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Learn how to use the auto-stick mode. That's kind of fun. Your automatic becomes a manual, only it doesn't have a clutch to worry about. Sport mode is fun too.
I want to learn how to use it, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Any tips on how it works/feels?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I want to learn how to use it, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Any tips on how it works/feels?

It helps if you've driven a manual trans before cuz one thing you have to get used to is keeping an eye on the tach. The trans isn't doing the thinking anymore so you have to make sure you're not over-revving the engine. Mine's a 2017 and it will downshift itself in manual mode when you come to a stop sign or something so you don't lug the engine, but you gotta take care of your own upshifts (and downshifts when driving).

Other than that it's easy-peasy. Nudge the stick over to the M side then its just push forward to downshift, pull back to upshift.

PS - I don't have paddle shifters so this is for the stick only.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I just bought my first car. It is a 2015 Challenger R/T Shaker. Is there anything I should know about this car that wouldn't be common knowledge?
How to access the oil filler cap is the first thing I can think of. Anyone who doesn't have a Shaker won't know how to do that, and it's not in the owner's manual. The second thing would be not to try to open the cap on the coolant tank when the engine is hot, because that is actually your radiator cap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How to access the oil filler cap is the first thing I can think of. Anyone who doesn't have a Shaker won't know how to do that, and it's not in the owner's manual. The second thing would be not to try to open the cap on the coolant tank when the engine is hot, because that is actually your radiator cap.
Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh, yes indeed!

This may actually be common knowledge but in case you didn’t know, your personal cool factor just increased by a factor of 10.

With this level of coolness comes great responsibility. To keep from being involved with the #MeToo movement, you must learn to be politically correct when rejecting the hordes of women whom will now flock to you. Don’t be sexist – chicks hate that.

You are now representing a great community of bad-asses, so certain behaviors are now off-limits. No stopping at green lights. No going 50 mph in the left lane on the interstate. Doing donuts in the church parking lot (although pretty cool in and of itself) are frowned upon.

Personal style adjustments may be required. Mohawks are fine but Kim Jong Un haircuts and man-buns are strictly forbidden. No spanx, yoga pants or sandals with black socks. The jury is still out on Hawaiian shirts but if your windows are tinted, it’s probably ok.

Finally, keep it clean. Your car should never get dirty enough so that someone can write "I’m compensating" or "I wish my wife was this dirty" on the back. :grin2:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Check the tires. It comes with summer tires stock and if you live somewhere where winter gets cold or snowy the tires become pretty useless. I’m in Ohio and I bought snow tires. I would think after 3 years there is new rubber on there - maybe something better in the winter - but you never know. Or the previous owner may have replaced with summer tires again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This may actually be common knowledge but in case you didn’t know, your personal cool factor just increased by a factor of 10.

With this level of coolness comes great responsibility. To keep from being involved with the #MeToo movement, you must learn to be politically correct when rejecting the hordes of women whom will now flock to you. Don’t be sexist – chicks hate that.

You are now representing a great community of bad-asses, so certain behaviors are now off-limits. No stopping at green lights. No going 50 mph in the left lane on the interstate. Doing donuts in the church parking lot (although pretty cool in and of itself) are frowned upon.

Personal style adjustments may be required. Mohawks are fine but Kim Jong Un haircuts and man-buns are strictly forbidden. No spanx, yoga pants or sandals with black socks. The jury is still out on Hawaiian shirts but if your windows are tinted, it’s probably ok.

Finally, keep it clean. Your car should never get dirty enough so that someone can write "I’m compensating" or "I wish my wife was this dirty" on the back. :grin2:
Thank you for all the tips. This made my day. This is just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Dude, you can spend the next couple weeks finding out all kinds of interesting tidbits about these cars on this forum. Look for some funny, interesting and mostly super informative posts by an odd cat named NUKE (but don't ask him about stray Acuras in his driveway.....it's a sore subject). You will find as much humor and good natured jabs here as you will great technical information.

And now that you've been properly welcomed by several members, I must inform you that you violated the first unwritten Newbie rule. You did not post a picture of your car. We like pictures here....especially of other peoples cars. Unlike with photos of your wife or girlfriend, it's perfectly acceptable (and actually expected) to ogle and post lustful comments about how much we like each other cars.

Let's see that Shaker. And you can post pictures of your wife/girlfriend too. (But not both, please...we don't need the drama)

·
Registered
505 Posts
To add to what Fat Max said you will get a ton of reaction from people - good and bad. I have people chase me down all the time walking into a store asking about it, people working drive throughs commenting (one guy thought I restored the car)... to dumb stuff happening too. I’ve been asked multiple times by strangers to do a burnout in the grocery parking lot to people trying to show off. Twice I’ve had people beside or in front of me take off from stoplights like it was a drag race (I gave no indication of racing - not my thing) and they’ve lost control and almost wrecked.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Hellinois. Congrats on your FIRST car. Big deal. Biggggger deal, it's a 15 Shaker!!! How did you manage that? Regardless you are off to a good start. I don't know where you go from there...

Best of luck! Pics please!!!!! Inside too. Love the 15 interior options...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
To add to what Fat Max said you will get a ton of reaction from people - good and bad......
Yeah, you get bad reactions from highway lane hogs trying to cut you off from passing them on the right, when they're blocking the passing lane, and they mis-judge the size of space they left and how fast you can zip around them.

But my favorite is just moving slow down a street or through a parking lot, and a couple youngsters give me the thumbs up and say "nice car". Love it when the next generation "gets it".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude, you can spend the next couple weeks finding out all kinds of interesting tidbits about these cars on this forum. Look for some funny, interesting and mostly super informative posts by an odd cat named NUKE (but don't ask him about stray Acuras in his driveway.....it's a sore subject). You will find as much humor and good natured jabs here as you will great technical information.

And now that you've been properly welcomed by several members, I must inform you that you violated the first unwritten Newbie rule. You did not post a picture of your car. We like pictures here....especially of other peoples cars. Unlike with photos of your wife or girlfriend, it's perfectly acceptable (and actually expected) to ogle and post lustful comments about how much we like each other cars.

Let's see that Shaker. And you can post pictures of your wife/girlfriend too. (But not both, please...we don't need the drama)
My car had damage to the front bumper when I bought it so the last week or so it has been in shop and getting a clear bra installed. If that was not happening you would all see this beauty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome from Hellinois. Congrats on your FIRST car. Big deal. Biggggger deal, it's a 15 Shaker!!! How did you manage that? Regardless you are off to a good start. I don't know where you go from there...

Best of luck! Pics please!!!!! Inside too. Love the 15 interior options...
It was bought by my father. I know some people frown upon that but I don't have any shame towards it. It is an awesome car and I think my mom loves even more than me! It took about 18 months on talking and convincing to get both on board.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts