Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Haha yes, It is very blue which at first I did not love but the more I looked at it the more I fell in love. It is flashy and has that "wow" factor
I'm too old to drive a flashy car. But I don't ever want another black one (love mine, but way too much time in the car wash). If the next model Challenger isn't a giant cluster-flop (appearance), I'm leaning toward's Maximum Steel. It's blue enough that it's not black, but black enough that it's not blue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm too old to drive a flashy car. But I don't ever want another black one (love mine, but way too much time in the car wash). If the next model Challenger isn't a giant cluster-flop (appearance), I'm leaning toward's Maximum Steel. It's blue enough that it's not black, but black enough that it's not blue.
I did not want all black either for that reason also. The dirt just stands out so much. But the look of all black is matched by none.

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
...we may be masochists...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yeah, you get bad reactions from highway lane hogs trying to cut you off from passing them on the right, when they're blocking the passing lane, and they mis-judge the size of space they left and how fast you can zip around them.

But my favorite is just moving slow down a street or through a parking lot, and a couple youngsters give me the thumbs up and say "nice car". Love it when the next generation "gets it".
I usually feel "obligated" to show them some tire smoke. When I was in their shoes that is what I wanted.... and usually got.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here is the front end. My guy at the body shop just sent over.

Looks really good! Congratulations on a getting a very cool car. Heed the advice on those who posted, and just take it easy for the first few miles until you get used to all the awesomeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was bought by my father. I know some people frown upon that but I don't have any shame towards it. It is an awesome car and I think my mom loves even more than me! It took about 18 months on talking and convincing to get both on board.

Why would anyone frown upon you having super cool parents :bigthumb:
Welcome from Arizona!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i guess that is true. I am in Phoenix also! I will be moving here permanently in march. Driving back to Oregon tomorrow.

I should have read your profile haha. What I meant to say is ...Welcome to the forum and to Arizona!
Safe travels to Oregon and back. I'll keep an eye out for the B5 Shaker.

You can find me at the drag strip next Friday night :burnout:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome

I am a new to the forum as well. Welcome! Been mostly reading like mentioned for the last several weeks. I also have a 15 but the SRT no shaker.

I second taking it easy for a couple of weeks. It is very tempting but the rear can come right around with not much pressure from your foot! Already been there and no stranger to the Hemi as I have had others before this. Track mode got me with crap Pirelli! Not sure what tires you have on it but if they are OEM, replace as soon as you can. I just replaced with Firestone Indy 500's as it was mentioned on may posts. World of difference and a cheap tire for what you get. It truly is a safety thing. Good tire for the south but not up north as it is a summer tire. Bunch of info on here about the subject. I like the blue. Not many running around my area. Oh, your parents are way cool if you haven't figured that out yet. This ain't no Civic or Kia!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I should have read your profile haha. What I meant to say is ...Welcome to the forum and to Arizona!
Safe travels to Oregon and back. I'll keep an eye out for the B5 Shaker.

You can find me at the drag strip next Friday night :burnout:
The strip formerly known as Firebird? Do you ever make it to the Scottsdale Pavilions for the Saturday shows?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, you get bad reactions from highway lane hogs trying to cut you off from passing them on the right, when they're blocking the passing lane, and they mis-judge the size of space they left and how fast you can zip around them.

But my favorite is just moving slow down a street or through a parking lot, and a couple youngsters give me the thumbs up and say "nice car". Love it when the next generation "gets it".
Now...... I know I only have the V6, but the highway politics are the best! I love when I’m just cruising at about 75 (daydreaming I guess, lol) and someone comes right up on your a** to try to “move you along”! A tap on that gas pedal and they are so far in your rear view in a matter of seconds!! Hilarious. Nothing puts a smile on your face like that :grin2:!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, old Firebird now Wild Horse.
Haven't been to the Pavillions yet. I've heard about it though. Sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes, old Firebird now Wild Horse.
Haven't been to the Pavillions yet. I've heard about it though. Sounds like a good time.
I'll be at the car show at Hot Rods (a grill) on 10500 East Old Vail Road in Tucson on October 27th, the good Lord willing, and the river don't rise.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I remember being given cars to drive too. One was a new 75 Coronet 2dr. another being a 71 442 slightly used by him and my Aunt, and others... So, good for you. Now don't disappoint! Show them you are the exception and worth of such a car.
Best of luck!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts