Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you know factory paint from Chrysler is mediocre at best. Ive owned many and the paints just dont hold up.What do you guys think of a paint job same color maybe with some effects like pearl or different color flakes just to give it that pop.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I can't agree more. I have found several blemishes in my white R/T's paint job. Even a small hair on the hood in the clear coat. I use RaceGlaze as my primary polish, sealer. It has a small amount of leveling compound in it to smooth out the paint to an unbelievable slickness. But it does not take out the blemishes. I was surprised to find so many little flaws in a brand new cars paint. As a painter by trade for the military, which of course is not the same as a car painter, it is easy for me to pick up these flaws. I can live with them, but yet I am quite surprised. The raceGlaze does an amazing job. Almost as good as a clay bar. I am not a fan of the clay bar, but for those who are, I am sure they love the results they get. I have just never used one. A new high quality paint job can be very expensive, but if you have the money to spend, go for it. I will just settle for what I have because I know that who ever would repaint my car, I would probably be more dissatisfied. Find yourself a good high quality polish and see what you end up with before you put out 6 or 7 grand for a extreme quality paint job. Thats what it will cost to achieve what you are looking for, especially with a pearl in it. It would look sweet as heck, but do you really want to spend that kind of cash. That kind of money could get you some really good HP increase add ons. Good luck with your decision and I wish you well on which ever way you go.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well as you know factory paint from Chrysler is mediocre at best. Ive owned many and the paints just dont hold up.What do you guys think of a paint job same color maybe with some effects like pearl or different color flakes just to give it that pop.
If your base color is in good shape just wet sand the orange peel out with 600 grit wet sand paper and reclear it with a high quality clear and then wet sand it flat and buff it, it will look fantastic. If you want to add pop to it, use your existing color as a base wet sand it with 600 and use a house of color top coat that adds pearls or metal flack or the new shimmering colors, I'm thinking about doing that to my Hemi Orange.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for that tid bit of info. I had no idea you could do that. Can the sanding part be done by a beginner then have the HoK be shot by a pro. My base color looks great at this point imo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts