Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran my new personal best yesterday at AAA speedway in Fontana. It was my first time going down the track with drag radials. I used M&H 275/45R18s and wow those things are sticky! I almost stalled the first couple runs because they were a lot stickier than I expected. It's like learning how to drive again with these tires. There is a very fine line between bogging it down and slipping the clutch too much. I got zero wheel spin. Best 60ft I got was a 1.8. I know I can get a much better time but I just need some more seat time with these tires. Here's my time slip car #9040.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Very nice. Time to change your signature to reflect your new PB. Congrats!

Were you the one who mounted the M&Hs on 18" wheels? If not, what kind of wheel did you mount them on?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep that was me

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dam thats a good time!!
Thank you! I was hoping for a 12.5 but I didn't expect it to be so difficult launching with these tires.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Good job, sorry I missed you. I wanted go real bad, sick kid kept me home.

·
Registered
645 Posts
You can't beat a good set of drag radials! :smokin:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! How long did you heat them up?

HemiSam
They don't need much heat. Maybe 3 seconds. You might need a little more with all that torque but they are very sticky.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrads and with more seat time... your should be able to drop those 60fts even lower.

M&H's are real good DR's Lots of folks are getting into the 1.5X and a few of us of gotten real Low 1.4X with M&H's. They do not need much of a burnout....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I'm gonna be going to a private track event march 4th so I should be able to get plenty of practice.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who do you think would win in a race? We plan on racing tonight an i want to know if i should put money on the race or not. We also both have traction control, Im going to have mine off he's going to keep his on because his is FWD
Umm what??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congrads and with more seat time... your should be able to drop those 60fts even lower.

M&H's are real good DR's Lots of folks are getting into the 1.5X and a few of us of gotten real Low 1.4X with M&H's. They do not need much of a burnout....
how do nittos dragradials ddr 555r compare to these other drag radials

1 - 15 of 15 Posts