Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the dealer and a new 2011 srt8 challenger came in for service with MI plates. I asked the guy ( who worked for dodge) was this a stock color he said no it will be shown at the detroit auto car show. I think he said it will be a special edition car that will only come in this color. Something like the 392 edition white challenger i guess. The car was shipped out here for some commericals stuff but the color was real nice and IMO was the best color yet. My guess it will be ready later on this yr or may be a 2012 color.
Resume Speed may want to chime in on this.
These are 1970 colors and it looked between the F4 & F8
http://www.dodgechallenger.co.uk/images/1970chip.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,818 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't Green With Envy? To the driver, it would be a special color.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you sure it wasn't Green With Envy? To the driver, it would be a special color.
It looked darker than that green but you no how those color charts are. It had a lot of metalic in it. He did say this was the only 1 they painted so far as they were shoting commericals. I even think its better looking than the b5 blue.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the Challenger was painted Green With Envy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Where's the pics? :fight:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was at the dealer and a new 2011 srt8 challenger came in for service with MI plates. I asked the guy ( who worked for dodge) was this a stock color he said no it will be shown at the detroit auto car show. I think he said it will be a special edition car that will only come in this color. Something like the 392 edition white challenger i guess. The car was shipped out here for some commericals stuff but the color was real nice and IMO was the best color yet. My guess it will be ready later on this yr or may be a 2012 color.
Resume Speed may want to chime in on this.
These are 1970 colors and it looked between the F4 & F8
http://www.dodgechallenger.co.uk/images/1970chip.jpg
That old color chart shows the good ole days when buyers had 18-20 color choices. Why this is no longer so I've never heard an explanation for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That old color chart shows the good ole days when buyers had 18-20 color choices. Why this is no longer so I've never heard an explanation for.
I thought it had to do with the Brampton plant never having its paint facilities upgraded to accommodate more colors? They can only do six colors at a time or something. I recall reading that on this site somewhere...

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
If you go back to the dealership, see If anypne took a pic of it. inquiring minds want to know. My wife won't let me order a new one till she sees the color on a car.someone posted here a week or so about them painting a car to show. maybe that was it.

·
Banned
407 Posts
If you go back to the dealership, see If anypne took a pic of it. inquiring minds want to know. My wife won't let me order a new one till she sees the color on a car.someone posted here a week or so about them painting a car to show. maybe that was it.

+1 if you can snag a pic, post it!!! I thought the GWE would premiere in Chicago (lucky us) but hey if its ready for Detroit ROLL IT OUT DODGE!!! I thought DAS already started though? when do they typically bring out the new vehicles?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt see any1 snap a pic and to be honest i should off but they grabbed it right away to get it done as he was in a hurry to get it as they had to go shot a commerical.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wife saw the pic and loves the color BUT said if its not on a 2012 srt8 jeep for get it lol.

·
Registered
478 Posts
the "snakeskin" on the Viper pic is "Supposed" to be the same as Green with Envy. the 2nd pic down looks like Sublime to me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't believe their going to pull an exact Viper color and apply it on the Challenger. A version of it maybe. One thing for sure, rumors are all over the place. They've made a real guessing game out of GWE shade. I can only hope !!!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,818 Posts
Heres the pic. Go here and it looked just like the 2nd pic down.

2011 Dodge Challenger
If it truly looked like the second one down, then that's sublime green IMO. I'd take that in a heart beat over either IE 392 color. I can't see dodge rushing this car to a show unless they plan on offering it sometime soon. Maybe there are minimal Green With Envy orders coming in so it would be easy to switch over to this green next? I am so ordering one if Sublime comes around. Bring it Dodge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts