Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another fun day at the track. Met up with S1NST3R and his sweet twin turbo SRT8 Challenger. I ran two new personal best's today. Started off with the 13.7, then followed that up with two 13.5's back to back.

1st Run
RT: .0818
60' 2.1917
ET: 13.7104
MPH: 104.21

2nd Run
RT: 2.4084 (Trying new RPM, lined up alone)
60' 2.1796
ET: 13.5759
MPH: 104.17

3rd Run
RT: .0196
60' 2.1097
ET: 13.5798
MPH: 103.23

1st Run

2nd Run

3rd Run

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
642 Posts
Nice times. You guys in the warm part of the country are lucky you can run year round. The rest of us get to look at white stuff!

BTW - what did the twin turbo Challenger run?

·
Registered
112 Posts
THe twin turbo challenger (mine) ran 12.30's today but I did run a 12.13 yesterday and I missed my 11 second run today when I missed the 3/4 shift. After I missed the shift right at the 1k mark I got out of it drifted through the beams and swtil ran 12.45 at 107 mph I was down 10 mph.....and I had a 1.8 60 foot with a 7.8 1/8th mile. Man I was pissed.

Had a great time with Transporter today and I think he has some video of my car lurking around here somewhere if not he will probably post it up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice times. You guys in the warm part of the country are lucky you can run year round. The rest of us get to look at white stuff!

BTW - what did the twin turbo Challenger run?
Yes we are lucky. S1NST3R ran somewhere in the 12.3's today. Yesterday he ran a [email protected] with 60' of 1.8238

Nice runs:thumbsup:
Thanks. With 20 runs under my belt I am starting to get a little better feel for running the car and racing period. I am looking forward to several thousand more passes in the future:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey trans, when I gt my rims in I'll call you so we can slap my drag radials on your car and see what you can do...I am curious to see how much of a diference it would make on your passes. Oh yeah and next time I my uncle won;t be in town so remind me and I'll toss you the keys so you can make in a run in my car.....(of course I'll be sitting in your car as collateral lol), no but seriously next time we are out there I'll give you the keys and you can make some passes, who knows maybe you'll b the guy that puts my car in the 11's.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey trans, when I gt my rims in I'll call you so we can slap my drag radials on your car and see what you can do...I am curious to see how much of a diference it would make on your passes. Oh yeah and next time I my uncle won;t be in town so remind me and I'll toss you the keys so you can make in a run in my car.....(of course I'll be sitting in your car as collateral lol), no but seriously next time we are out there I'll give you the keys and you can make some passes, who knows maybe you'll b the guy that puts my car in the 11's.

Are you serious? That would be awesome. I really had a god time hanging out with you and your uncle today, and really appreciate all your tips and advice. I think you will hit 11's before Club day on the 23rd, but if not I would definitely be willing to give it a shot.

·
Banned
642 Posts
THe twin turbo challenger (mine) ran 12.30's today but I did run a 12.13 yesterday and I missed my 11 second run today when I missed the 3/4 shift. After I missed the shift right at the 1k mark I got out of it drifted through the beams and swtil ran 12.45 at 107 mph I was down 10 mph.....and I had a 1.8 60 foot with a 7.8 1/8th mile. Man I was pissed.

Had a great time with Transporter today and I think he has some video of my car lurking around here somewhere if not he will probably post it up.
I know how frustrating that can be but sounds like you will get a few more tries shortly. You'll get there!

What kind of Turbo set up and how much boost?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes I am serious.:thumbsup:

It's a hellion kit.....with Garret 61mm ceramic ball bearing quick spool turbos and I was running 11 #'s of boost.

I was really focused on making sure my uncle had a good time and making sure he got some passes in my car. He had a great time. Next weekend I will be a bit more focused. I was somewhat worried about breaking and didn;t want him to miss his flight back home. He posts on the forums here to his sig is Crankcase. He has a 392 IA on order.

Next weekend I will be pulling out all the stops and I will hit the 11's or the car will be in pieces (lol).

Oh and Transporter I had a great time hanging with you and your son and it is so refreshing to actually talk to another challenger SRT8 owner who hass a 6 speed who can relate to the same issues. I really enjoyed watching you make your runs on a stock car and work those times down....you are driving great for the experience you have and I truly believe you can get into the 12's with some more seat time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like Transporter has a date with Sabrina (S1nst3r's car....shhhh don't tell the wife) on the 23rd. I can;t wait to see your face after the run make sure you give me your camera so I record it (lol).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I am serious.:thumbsup:

It's a hellion kit.....with Garret 61mm ceramic ball bearing quick spool turbos and I was running 11 #'s of boost.

I was really focused on making sure my uncle had a good time and making sure he got some passes in my car. He had a great time. Next weekend I will be a bit more focused. I was somewhat worried about breaking and didn;t want him to miss his flight back home. He posts on the forums here to his sig is Crankcase. He has a 392 IA on order.

Next weekend I will be pulling out all the stops and I will hit the 11's or the car will be in pieces (lol).

Oh and Transporter I had a great time hanging with you and your son and it is so refreshing to actually talk to another challenger SRT8 owner who hass a 6 speed who can relate to the same issues. I really enjoyed watching you make your runs on a stock car and work those times down....you are driving great for the experience you have and I truly believe you can get into the 12's with some more seat time.
Looks like Transporter has a date with Sabrina (S1nst3r's car....shhhh don't tell the wife) on the 23rd. I can;t wait to see your face after the run make sure you give me your camera so I record it (lol).
My son and I learned a lot from you today and it was a pleasure meeting you and your uncle. The look on my face will definitely be a Kodak moment:eek::bigthumb:. These next 2 weeks can't go by fast enough.

·
Registered
245 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts