Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Personal in LAGUNA SECA :1.51.069 . atturo and speedlogix stuff

round 2 in Laguna Seca :

Finally, I was able to connect the ext. Mic ( still no t the best quality though)
Also, some data with OBD II connection

I ran 1.5 sec better then last time.

Car UPDATES :
Good:
1. Speedlogix front strut brace . I personally believe it is a MUST for challenger . huge improvement in the cornering
2. Bigger tires : 275 40 R20 vs 245,45 R20
3. DOT 4 brake fluid
4. Decrease the Tire pressure ( 30psi Vs 34)

Bad
1. Brake : highly suggested by the vendor , I put some Hawk performance 5.0 ( my original Brembo pads gave me huge vibration and hot spots problems) . I will immediately remove them! I was in the sand 2 times ( first time ever in my life )with the pedal all the way down,and no brakes,scary. after 110 in straight line.

Consideration
I'm very encouraged by this lap time. I ALSO HAD A PASSENGER!

Bigger tires was definitely an improvement, although this time I ran with the ATTURO AZ850. (Last run was with Extreme contact CONTINENTAL but smaller)
Overall ATTURO did good ! I guess what a Challenger can do with Track tires.)

OBD data helps me a lot to know where I made mistakes( Too early full throttle and Control system on, or gear Shift)

Brakes were horrible. I had to brake much earlier than last time. ( also between turns couldn't accelerate too much because the 'fear' of not stopping!)

I believe that with better brakes and maybe better tires I could be under 1.50 ,at least that is my target!

Last
Keep the pace of a Viper was a nice thing :)

I'm Sorry For my english ( i'm italian) and Thanks for watching.

Alex

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. This post is to be intended as a "review"on speedlogic strut brace, hack performance 5.0 pads And ATTURO tires. Also to demostrate Challenger could be a good roadcourse car with few change. Widebody hellcat is definetely an option however 4400 pounds are really too much. What you think?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
The Viper was feeling your breath ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Viper was feeling your breath ;)

A Guy
Lol
I introduced mysef after to him. Super nice guy. He was like " dude if you have passed me" I would die! I was thinking to take the break sound black flag so I had an excuse :)
Super fun.
What a great car by the way

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
This post makes me happy. Love seeing the Mopar muscle out on the road course. Laguna Seca is awesome. Curious, how many laps do you do in a session? Is heat ever an issue? Specifically in the engine or transmission?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey
You do 4-5 sessions of 20mins each. Average of 2mins per lap. I usually do 7-8 laps per session.

Engine and autotrasmission make me proud to own this car.
Trans, engine or oil Temp never raise.
The only biggest concern and problem with 4200 lbs car on road course are the brakes. (Not only. I had several problems of squeaking and hotspots with original brembo pads. At least those bad hack pads didn't get them)

You definitely fill the "soft" pedal pretty quick.
Still looking for the best pads solution. I might change to carbotech or stoptech soon.

Next upgrade will be lower the car.
Or buy a better roadcourse one :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Love it, don't know why but I love laguna seca. Have always loved watching laps on it and especially love the corkscrew.

Love watching Challengers on it especially

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Great video I must say. I love that track and it’s on my bucket list. I know that track by heart from playing on PS3 Grand Turismo:)
I’d highly recommend getting a dedicated track rotors and pads. Oem rotors with carbotech XP12 pads. Unbelievable bite. Order them prebedded. Not cheap but well worth it.
That’s a respectable time by the way. Great job

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great video I must say. I love that track and it’s on my bucket list. I know that track by heart from playing on PS3 Grand Turismo:)
I’d highly recommend getting a dedicated track rotors and pads. Oem rotors with carbotech XP12 pads. Unbelievable bite. Order them prebedded. Not cheap but well worth it.
That’s a respectable time by the way. Great job
Thank you wasp.
Carbotech guy suggested me xp10 front and xp6 on the back. Need to find a way to clean out the hawk pads from the oem rotors.
Also carbotech suggests not to mix hawk pads for street and xp10 for race. He (of course) said to take their street pads. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Thank you wasp.
Carbotech guy suggested me xp10 front and xp6 on the back. Need to find a way to clean out the hawk pads from the oem rotors.
Also carbotech suggests not to mix hawk pads for street and xp10 for race. He (of course) said to take their street pads. Thoughts?

I don’t know who you spoke to at carbotech but Sean who’s the owner suggested the XP 12s to me. I guess XP10 could work too. I kept my rear brembo pads. Always used the oem rotors with no issues. Good idea not to mix pads. That’s why I had a dedicated set of rotors that I swapped before track day with the carbotechs. Swapped back to my street set of rotors and brembo pad for street. I picked up 5 mph from 109 to 114 at the chicane (the S between turn 9 and 10) at streets of willow. Basically a down hill S turn that requires extremely hard braking before the next turn. Scary sh$t. That’s how good the carbotechs are. That combination worked for me well. Just my .02

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don’t know who you spoke to at carbotech but Sean who’s the owner suggested the XP 12s to me. I guess XP10 could work too. I kept my rear brembo pads. Always used the oem rotors with no issues. Good idea not to mix pads. That’s why I had a dedicated set of rotors that I swapped before track day with the carbotechs. Swapped back to my street set of rotors and brembo pad for street. I picked up 5 mph from 109 to 114 at the chicane (the S between turn 9 and 10) at streets of willow. Basically a down hill S turn that requires extremely hard braking before the next turn. Scary sh$t. That’s how good the carbotechs are. That combination worked for me well. Just my .02
Awesome man. Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts