Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I`d drop a note to all that has guided me and advised , just got in the new Manley rods and Mahle Pistons in today all went well the ARP tapered ring compressor went good and done its job all rings checked and double checked for size I have just hand tightened the ARP bolts and next job is to await my ARP stretch gauge should be here this week, then to apply 30w oil to the bolts as instructed and tighten up to about 90-95 lbs torque, check out stretch, would of loved to done it all today but I have a loan of a garage at work with a hoist , its been great to use but they need the hoist all this week
hope to use it this week end
Torque up put gasket and sump pan back , heads back on and so forth
keep you updated , once again special thanks to all
Nervous to hell!!, when all back in and start up !!!
Tony

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,080 Posts
Nice, sounds like things are coming together well for you. You should take a few pictures of your build process and post them, I'm sure lot's of us would enjoy seeing the process. :thumbsup:

Reactions: tony in uk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same, but was told I'd need to pull the engine to upgrade to forged pistons and rods?

Also, anyone know how my HP the stock 2016 5.7 RT Crank will safely support?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
529 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same, but was told I'd need to pull the engine to upgrade to forged pistons and rods?

Also, anyone know how my HP the stock 2016 5.7 RT Crank will safely support?
I am at 570rwhp on a mustang dyno. Few thousand miles so far. Stock motor with Comp 270 cam and 8psi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts