Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Cars 2 movie has a new cast of characters. One that was unveiled today at Autoblog sure looks like it has a lot of Challenger in it. Here's a Youtube video of Rod 'Torque' Redline:

He kind of looks like one of our cars with a '71 AMC Ambassador grill grafted on! Here's the whole Autoblog post:

Exclusive: Meet Rod "Torque" Redline from CARS 2 — Autoblog

The article says they think it's a combination of Challenger and Mustang. I only see Mustang in the tail lights. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think they spliced both the Challenger and the Mustang there. I don't see any Camaro :) I'm not sure on the taillights though..... perhaps they saw the orginal Charger/Challenger concept artwork and went that route?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think this one looks more Challenger-ish:

I've seen it in the Cars toyline...debated about picking one up for my newphew and repainting it Plum Crazy for him :D

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here is a copy of a larger picture, I think it has more of the mustang hood! Given the new Mustang 500, this could be it!
I agree with a prior post that Snot Rod is more like the Challenger. But I believe that is more like a 70's Charger due to the trunk style. In any respects it is still a Dodge!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The grill still reminds me of a '71 Ambassador! :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts