Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about me... lets see.. to start this off on the wrong foot (but honestly) I've been a dodge hater for as long as ive been alive. (now that i got that off my chest (I promise it gets better)

Well, I've owned mustang after mustang after mustang since I was able to drive. Had supercharged gt's and a procharged built 01 cobra from 2001-2012. Def not new to the forum game or the performance car world. I sold my Cobra in 2012 after buying a lifted 2500hd. I decided I was over the "car thing" for a bit and was time to try my luck at trucks. I kept my truck from early 2012 until 2015 and I loved it. It was decently quick, looked fantastic, super simple and clean, but I drive in Charlotte traffic every day. and after a close call with someone cutting me off and stopping immediately I decided I needed something a little more nimble. I looked at 2015 mustang Gt premiums and really liked them, but again I felt like I wanted something different this time around and bought a 2015 Focus ST in magnet metallic. The car has been super fun, it runs good, drives good, performs very well, but its not a v8 rwd car I have been craving to own again. I looked again at mustangs and decided to wait to see what 2018 had in store.... but there's this devil on my should making me think dirty things... and he keeps throwing up images of a T/A 392 making me drool constantly. I fell in love with the challenger when the prototype came out. Its one of those things that even though I had always hated dodge, I couldnt get this car out of my head. I always wanted an SRT but it was always out of reach. The T/A is a poor mans SRT in my book. And man ol man, It keeps me up at night wanting one. So here I am, joined the forum to feed the bug a little, trying to make up my mind based on the research I do on the vehicles. Still have the ST for now and will be selling or trading it when I make my decision.

sorry for the novel, but, felt like giving the facts of what brings me here. I look forward to learning about this platform :toomuchinfo::toomuchinfo::toomuchinfo:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can redeem yourself properly in your first small step on your long redemption arc by changing your handle from VenemousSVT to VenemousSRT. :grin2:
don't think it hadn't crossed my mind..LOL but I've been this handle since 2001 and i just cant imagine being anything else.. so until I start the witness relocation program, I believe i'll have to remain. (or until I buy a Viper) >:)

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Come over to the dark side...we have cookies...

A Guy

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome from Florida! Something about these big Grand Touring muscle cars. Once the bug bites!
If you don't know, you better axe somebody!

Tom.

·
Registered
8,998 Posts
A little "research" is good, but the "drive will tell you what you need to know.

I like the Challenger for several reasons. The styling, the size and weight, the comfort level, the room inside and the room in the trunk, the 392/A8 performance and drivability, and the handling manners.

Totally happy with the Scat Pack :)

Welcome, and best of luck on deciding

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome guys I'm eager to become a part of the community and I'm really anxious to own a 392 car. Once I 100% make up my mind to buy one I'll have to restore my focus back to mostly stock for the trade in. I hate to get it appraised then strip it to get some money back out of the parts, then have the dealer not want to give me as much because I took parts off. So once I'm 100% I want the extra car payment I'll be tearing this thing apart in preparation for a 392

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
So, now you're in the Challenger forum. Congrats and welcome aboard. I'm kinda new around here myself, been here for a couple months now. Have learned a great deal, but like any forum, ya gotta divide the useful feed back from the fluff.

I bought a '15 SRT392 largely based on the info gleaned from this forum and the research I did elsewhere during this past 6 months or so. That 6 months involved taking a good long look at a number of high performance cars, but not the SRT. I wrote it off as being too much money.
But now I own one. And looking back, I believe I made the right decision. But it was a long process of learning, evaluating, soul searching, and decision making. It was not a quick or easy decision. It was certainly an expensive one. But as I said in a recent post, buyers remorse can occur from buying less than you really wanted just as much as from buying more than you really needed. Buying just the right one is not an easy decision.

Concerning you current ride, the decision concerning just which car to buy may come up rather quickly. You may find yourself ready to pull the trigger sooner than you think. With that in mind, ya might want to go ahead and move forward immediately on your plans to def-farkle your current ride.
***defarkling: removing all non factory add-ons... not sure if the word "farkle" is utilized in automotive circles***
If nothing more, the process of getting the current steed ready for sale won't hold you back from buying when you finally decide what to buy. Since both endeavors will take a little time, why not get started WHILE you're deciding about the Challenger?

Good luck with your journey.

Any specific questions for the community?

Gary

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, now you're in the Challenger forum. Congrats and welcome aboard. I'm kinda new around here myself, been here for a couple months now. Have learned a great deal, but like any forum, ya gotta divide the useful feed back from the fluff.

I bought a '15 SRT392 largely based on the info gleaned from this forum and the research I did elsewhere during this past 6 months or so. That 6 months involved taking a good long look at a number of high performance cars, but not the SRT. I wrote it off as being too much money.
But now I own one. And looking back, I believe I made the right decision. But it was a long process of learning, evaluating, soul searching, and decision making. It was not a quick or easy decision. It was certainly an expensive one. But as I said in a recent post, buyers remorse can occur from buying less than you really wanted just as much as from buying more than you really needed. Buying just the right one is not an easy decision.

Concerning you current ride, the decision concerning just which car to buy may come up rather quickly. You may find yourself ready to pull the trigger sooner than you think. With that in mind, ya might want to go ahead and move forward immediately on your plans to def-farkle your current ride.
***defarkling: removing all non factory add-ons... not sure if the word "farkle" is utilized in automotive circles***
If nothing more, the process of getting the current steed ready for sale won't hold you back from buying when you finally decide what to buy. Since both endeavors will take a little time, why not get started WHILE you're deciding about the Challenger?

Good luck with your journey.

Any specific questions for the community?

Gary

Thanks for the feedback it's Def good advice. The focus is very tastefully done (I'll take domestic ricer) but the car is just simple. I've done everything to it and I'll remove everything except the suspension/wheels/shifter. Everything else will come off in an afternoon with me working diligently. Once it's parted out, I should be able to get roughly $1500 out of the "Boltons" in the used market on the focus boards. Unless they want to give me an extra grand not to have to touch it. Lol.

I thought about the used car scene on an SRT car, but honestly, I don't beat on my cars, and the thought of buying one that someone else has beat on just bothers me to my core. That's one thing I've always had anxiety over, someone else's "seconds" being worn out when I get it. Then having issues because of their neglect.

Anywho, here's the current DD. All 260 whp and 360ftlbs..lol

My faster vehicle is my LS 6.0 swapped 91 c1500... It'll tote the mail on my focus. Which is hilarious and sad at the same time.

As for my cobra.... It wasn't a slouch. It had a D1-sc procharger, big bore 4.6 and had 19lbs of boost feeding it to the tune of 696rwhp and 585ftlbs. It was a great car, but somewhere in the 11 years I owned it, I grew to hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Nice rides man!

You'll really love a 392 Challenger. I bought a T/A 392 a few weeks back and still haven't stopped smiling. I've owned all kinds of fast cars over the years (wife says I have car infidelity...) and the Challenger is right up amongst the best. The weight, power, and presence on the road make it stupid fun to drive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well.... I really wanted to edit the first post to reflect this but for some reason I haven't found the edit button yet.... sooo here's an update. As of 08/24/19 a year and 20 days after posting my first post on this forum I AM the proud owner of a new challenger!!

Not only that, but its a 2019 ScatPack 392 wide body car to boot! Im pretty stoked to say the least, and I have not had one second thought leaving the Focus at the dealership on Saturday. Im more mad at myself for not buying a 392 long ago and everything about this car just fits me to a tee... I really do "love" the car. Haven't Loved anything I've owned in quite a few years now.

Sorry for the resurrection but I wanted to bump this thread and give you guys an update for being welcoming to me even when I was still playing for the other team.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you AFTER the purchase. I recently joined the SPWB users support group. I was looking for a basic R/T for kicks and have been eying one for a few years. But I fell in love with the 392 on test drive, and my wife fell in love with the WB. We both agreed on Octane Red. So here we are doing rock paper scissors every morning to see who drives it. It's brought us closer!

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Congratulations! (y) You do know it's not official until pictures? ;)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
15 Participants
VenomousSVT
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing