Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received my tuner and I updated all the software, downgraded my factory tune(??) and added the 91 CAI performance tune/ changed fan temp settings (180* T-Stat). Everything seemed straight forward but the only question I have is the the REV LIMITER. Should I bump it to 6k-6600 or just leave it as is. Reason being at the track Im having to to shift from 3rd to 4th right at the end and I believe its killing my ET. Whats your take on this question. Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would leave it alone. These RTs run better if you shift around 5100-5200. Shift to 4th sooner, and it shouldn't hurt your et. I get much better 0-60 mph time when I shift early. The RTs can reach 60 in 2nd gear if you have the 18s with 373 gear, but I am faster actually shifting to 3rd. I am using the 0-60 for a comparison, since I haven't taken mine to the track yet.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Definitely leave it where it is, too high and youll risk blowing your valvetrain to shart, plus peak Hp is at like 5700 so you wouldnt gain anything since power drops off after that. Your 3-4 shift should be plenty before the 1/4 is up. What rear gears do you have? What are your 60ft times and 8th and 1/4 mile times?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I would leave it alone. These RTs run better if you shift around 5100-5200. Shift to 4th sooner, and it shouldn't hurt your et. I get much better 0-60 mph time when I shift early. The RTs can reach 60 in 2nd gear if you have the 18s with 373 gear, but I am faster actually shifting to 3rd. I am using the 0-60 for a comparison, since I haven't taken mine to the track yet.
Wow!!! This opens a huge can of interest for me. When running at CF2, I got a best time of 13.59. I was shifting just before 6000rpms at 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. Should I be shifting earlier???

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wow!!! This opens a huge can of interest for me. When running at CF2, I got a best time of 13.59. I was shifting just before 6000rpms at 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. Should I be shifting earlier???
You should shift right before peak HP which should be where your redline is. In my RT I aim to shift after 5500 and before 5700(redline) and doing that the RPM drops down to just above peak torque (at 4200)..
So the whole 1/4 mile run your RPM are between peak TQ and peak HP.

Oh btw, thanks man. I got the challenger you had got, its freakin awesome! Im nervous to give it to my son cause i dont want him to destroy it though.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
You should shift right before peak HP which should be where your redline is. In my RT I aim to shift after 5500 and before 5700(redline) and doing that the RPM drops down to just above peak torque (at 4200)..
So the whole 1/4 mile run your RPM are between peak TQ and peak HP.

Oh btw, thanks man. I got the challenger you had got, its freakin awesome! Im nervous to give it to my son cause i dont want him to destroy it though.
Yea, I kept one for myself, they were pretty cool.

And thanks for the tips on shifting. Anything that gets me closer to my goal for a 12 second time slip will help..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It came with factory 18's and a 6spd Trak Pak, Im assuming I have the 3.55 stock gear ratio. I have 295/45R20 on the rear. 60ft is 2.2/2.3 so I know thats where Im really lagging and my best ET was 14.1 at 99mph. At this point I know its all driver as to why I havent broke 13s

·
Registered
861 Posts
It came with factory 18's and a 6spd Trak Pak, Im assuming I have the 3.55 stock gear ratio. I have 295/45R20 on the rear. 60ft is 2.2/2.3 so I know thats where Im really lagging and my best ET was 14.1 at 99mph. At this point I know its all driver as to why I havent broke 13s
With 18's and a 6 speed you'll have the 3.73 rears there is no 3.55. It really is your 60ft, that makes the whole race, 2.2 and less your in 13's all day. Keep the redline where it is and shift right there. With a low 2.2 60ft and good shifts at redline you can run consistent 13.8's all day.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With 18's and a 6 speed you'll have the 3.73 rears there is no 3.55. It really is your 60ft, that makes the whole race, 2.2 and less your in 13's all day. Keep the redline where it is and shift right there. With a low 2.2 60ft and good shifts at redline you can run consistent 13.8's all day.

I figured that. Really just needed someones 2nd opinion to concur. Im going to try to locate some stock mustang bullitt wheels so I can slap on 17inch ET streets or something that is lighter than my current setup. I may just have to go out to the track next week to see if this tuner really helped my car out or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts