Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Matt, after so much research on my part, I'm seriously considering this system for my 15. Two questions. Does this system replace or eliminate the resonators? Are they're any video/ audio clips available? I hate drone so I'm hoping it's eliminated with this system. Thanks
The Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back system eliminates the stock resonators. As a moderately aggressive system, some interior resonance may be present. If you want to avoid the likelihood of increased cabin noise, we would recommend waiting for the release of the Flowmaster Force II Cat-back for the 2015 Challenger R/T. The Force II kit is scheduled for a January 1, 2015 release!

·
Registered
813 Posts
The Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back system eliminates the stock resonators. As a moderately aggressive system, some interior resonance may be present. If you want to avoid the likelihood of increased cabin noise, I would recommend waiting for the release of the Flowmaster Force II Cat-back for the 2015 Challenger R/T. The Flowmaster Force II kit is scheduled for a January 1, 2015 release!
Matt, I think this video just sold me on the Force II. Can you post when it's available and part number? Thanks!

2013 Dodge Charger RT Flowmaster Force II Exhaust…: http://youtu.be/p2VV8-kpg-s

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt, I think this video just sold me on the Force II. Can you post when it's available and part number? Thanks!

2013 Dodge Charger RT Flowmaster Force II Exhaust…: http://youtu.be/p2VV8-kpg-s
Yes. The kit will be released January 1st and will be available on our website the same day. The Flowmaster Force II kit for the 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T wil be Flowmaster part number 817715.

·
Registered
813 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
After watching your video, I just ordered the Force II for my '15 Challenger from Auto Anything. It was on sale for $836 and I can't wait to have it installed!
It's a sweet system and after 2 weeks, I've noticed a little louder note. The "no drone" aspect is what I wanted so it's the perfect set up. Enjoy and post you're thoughts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's a sweet system and after 2 weeks, I've noticed a little louder note. The "no drone" aspect is what I wanted so it's the perfect set up. Enjoy and post you're thoughts.
Got the exhaust installed this morning along with K&N air intake and I love the way it sounds now! It's exactly what I wanted. It's not obnoxiously loud on the outside, and sounds amazing on the inside. And you're right, there's no drone noise. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to replace their exhaust! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Matt,
I have scoured the internet for sound bytes of the American Thunder Cat back System and cannot find anything. Would you guys happen to be working on a video that compares stock to American thunder to Force II? Any other suggestions? I am on the fence between the two.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Matt,
I have scoured the internet for sound bytes of the American Thunder Cat back System and cannot find anything. Would you guys happen to be working on a video that compares stock to American thunder to Force II? Any other suggestions? I am on the fence between the two.
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust: http://youtu.be/NjurywYOkas

I can hear the deeper tone than my force 2, hope this helps. W/o the FM resonators, I would just worry about any drone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you Dragons Lair, that is very helpful. What do you think? Do you wish you would have gone American Thunder? I really want loud, but my main concern is being able to speak on the phone (Bluetooth) with the windows up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Dragons Lair, that is very helpful. What do you think? Do you wish you would have gone American Thunder? I really want loud, but my main concern is being able to speak on the phone (Bluetooth) with the windows up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Personally, I don't think that you can go wrong with the Force II Cat-back system. The mild interior sound level of this kit often fools people into thinking that it is not loud enough on the exterior. However, if you were to have someone drive your car past you with the Force II system installed, I would bet that you would be satisfied with the sound level that the system puts out. Of course, this is just my subjective opinion and what's loud to me might not be loud to you. The American Thunder Cat-back system sounds great as well and will be louder on the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Will you still be able to talk on the phone with the American Thunder system? Yes.

·
Registered
813 Posts
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4159978

This link may help, I did a before and after video and there are 2 pictures of the install. Matt is exactly right. My wife drove it this week and it was pretty aggressive as I heard her drive off. For me, the deciding factor was that I wanted "zero" drone especially not knowing the shift points of the 8 speed auto and installing right after delivery. Wouldn't hesitate buying it again or recommending. Good luck.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Tried to send you a PM but your account isn't allowing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Force II's are awesome

I just installed my Force II cat backs and it took about 2 1/2 hours on jack stands. I love the sound and when cruising you can't even tell the difference from stock, but when you give it the gears it wakes up and sounds great.

One minor item to know if you're going to do the install yourself. You'll need to grind/cut the spot weld off from the old pipes to use the clamp for the tips. It's a different round clamp and I did it with a dremel in about 5 minutes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts