Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's a beautiful day here so I washed and used this new clay system and ladies and gentlemen I am in love this thing is great. I'm done with the old clay system. Just follow the directions and you can't go wrong. I used clean soapy water instead of detail spray and it worked great plus not using up my detail spray. Just my .02 cents but I'm hooked thanks.

Mopar or No Car

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I like Griot's stuff. I might give it a try after I've run through my supply of clay.

I tried nanoskins synthetic clay mitt and wasn't very impressed.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I am clumsy at times and would drop the clay bar and I'm so anal I'd throw it away and get a new out and it got expensive. This thing just spray it off and your good. Plus it's a sponge so you just squeeze it and you have more lube. Plus to me anyways you can really put some muscle into it. I just did the baggy test and she's smooth.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
775 Posts
I've been using Mother's Speed Clay 2.0

Works pretty well...

...with a lot of soapy water to keep it clean...

Reactions: soonercruiser

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I used a similar one of these from Chemical Guys that went on the orbital, the issue that I saw is that it would pick up the rail dust just like a clay bar but unlike a clay bar the rail dust would just deposit it self onto the pad where as with the clay bar you would then roll it and the rail dust would no longer be on the surface. So you see the dilemma, it will pick up stuff but then it has a higher likely hood of scratching the paint surface.

I would recommend going over the car first with Iron X then using this product.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had washed the car the day before, rinsed it off today and used warm water and lots of Meguire's Gold liquid soap, and a Mother's 2.0 clay pad. (supposed to be good for several uses as long as you don't drop it in the dirt).

Soap up a panel at a time and dunk the clay pad in the soapy bucket frequently.
use long overlapping strokes, and no need to scrub hard. When you push it you feel the drag of pulling off sap, tar, bird poop etc, when you pull it back towards you it slides much easier.

Rinse and continue a panel at a time. Then I sprayed with Turtle wax "dry and wax".
and wiped with a soft towel. The dry and wax displaces the water and waxes as you dry.

Looks like I spent hours waxing. The clay treatment was really easy and makes the water run right off and if doing a complete wax or the quick way I did it, makes it smooth and sooo much easier buffing no matter which wax or method your prefer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
775 Posts
Had washed the car the day before, rinsed it off today and used warm water and lots of Meguire's Gold liquid soap, and a Mother's 2.0 clay pad. (supposed to be good for several uses as long as you don't drop it in the dirt).

Soap up a panel at a time and dunk the clay pad in the soapy bucket frequently.
use long overlapping strokes, and no need to scrub hard. When you push it you feel the drag of pulling off sap, tar, bird poop etc, when you pull it back towards you it slides much easier.

Rinse and continue a panel at a time. Then I sprayed with Turtle wax "dry and wax".
and wiped with a soft towel. The dry and wax displaces the water and waxes as you dry.

Looks like I spent hours waxing. The clay treatment was really easy and makes the water run right off and if doing a complete wax or the quick way I did it, makes it smooth and sooo much easier buffing no matter which wax or method your prefer.
I just used the Clay 2.0 about 3 hours ago as I was washing my car...Pretty neat...I then use Lucas's "Slick Mist"...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts