Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 730 miles on my new 2010 R/T Auto and I've noticed on more than one occasion it feels like the transmission is slipping.

Is this just a VERY soft transmission or is something wrong with my car?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you put a tune it like your signiture says it won't slip at all when you get on it. I'ld put the original tune back in it and have the dealer check it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
itzrick,

The DiabloSport Predator is under my "Mods Ordered" section. It hasn't shown up in the mail yet so I'm running a stock tune right now.

Is some slipping to be expected with the stock tune?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Sorry I just glanced up there and thought you had it already. I never thought my trany had anything slipping even before and I had 5500 miles on mine before I got a tuner.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I know a few '09's had probs with the torque converter not fully locking up until it was broken in. Try it at WOT, it probably won't be firm, but it shouldn't slide into gear like some GM trannies. JMO, you should put more miles on your car before you tune it.

Jack

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 2010 RT auto tranny feels a little sloppy too. In autostick it feels way slower to shift than it should. Feels like it hesitates for a second or so then moves to the next gear. I haven't really driven the car since late november/early december but I remember it not feeling right. Maybe it just is what it is?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack,

I haven't tuned it yet. How many miles would you recommend? Most people seem to think the car is broken in by 1,000 miles which was when I was planning to tune it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 2010 RT auto tranny feels a little sloppy too. In autostick it feels way slower to shift than it should. Feels like it hesitates for a second or so then moves to the next gear. I haven't really driven the car since late november/early december but I remember it not feeling right. Maybe it just is what it is?
That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. I was afraid it might just be a sloppy transmission overall.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I know you were asking Jack but IMO If you think you have a tranny problem I'ld get it looked at before tuning. They will blame the tune if it's in there when you get it looked at.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. I was afraid it might just be a sloppy transmission overall.
It probably is. I plan to buy a Predator and tighten up the shifting with it. You can do that with the Predator, right?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You can adjust the shift firmness on Rt with predators.
Shift Points
Raise shift points by a predefined setting, 5.7L's (1-2 5800rpm, 2-3 6000rpm, 3-4 6000rpm), 6.1L's (1-2 6400rpm, 2-3 6400rpm, 3-4 6400rpm).(N/A on Jeep) Shift Firmness
Reduces torque management between shifts for a firmer shift , N/A on SRT8 vehicles. Autostick auto upshift
Enable/Disable automatic upshift when in manual autostick mode, ie. raise your rev limits and you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting (as it would do stock).(N/A on Jeep)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know you were asking Jack but IMO If you think you have a tranny problem I'ld get it looked at before tuning. They will blame the tune if it's in there when you get it looked at.
That's what I was thinking, too. I'm afraid they might act like I'm crazy though. It's not a horrible slip, but it feels like it's something I should be worried about at 730 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Who cares if they think your crazy. It's documented that you told them you thought there was a problem and if it breaks and they try to say it was something you did you can prove it was bad with less than 1K miles on it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You can adjust the shift firmness on Rt with predators.
Shift Points
Raise shift points by a predefined setting, 5.7L's (1-2 5800rpm, 2-3 6000rpm, 3-4 6000rpm), 6.1L's (1-2 6400rpm, 2-3 6400rpm, 3-4 6400rpm).(N/A on Jeep) Shift Firmness
Reduces torque management between shifts for a firmer shift , N/A on SRT8 vehicles. Autostick auto upshift
Enable/Disable automatic upshift when in manual autostick mode, ie. raise your rev limits and you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting (as it would do stock).(N/A on Jeep)
For a 2010, the only option within that statement is the shift firmness. All other options do not work.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I'm not sure were the shift point is originally but when I ask them if it changed with a 93 tune Diablosport said yes and it wasn't changable so I take that it's normally lower thsn 58,and 60. you can also make it not autoshift in autostck

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Jack,

I haven't tuned it yet. How many miles would you recommend? Most people seem to think the car is broken in by 1,000 miles which was when I was planning to tune it.
1k is better than 500 miles. If I recall correctly, I had 2k on mine when I tuned it. I had read here on the forum that the Predator makes it run very aggressively which wouldn't be advisable on a new motor. Seemed like sound advice at the time.

Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts