Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I think the article stated it was installed just behind the x pipe. Sorry I just read it quick and grabbed a couple pics at the orthodontist office.

To me it implied 2018 R/T only for the polyphonic tube inserts.

So is the R/T exhaust really 2.75inch? It used to always be 2.5 I think. I would love to nab a cheap one used and open up my stock catback. I’ve been thinking about deleting the mufflers for a while now.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,018 Posts
Yup 2.75" on 2017+ and you will need to lock the valves open for install on pre-2017 RTs. As for where the poly tubes, borla shows them as sitting in place of the mid mufflers:

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
So is the R/T exhaust really 2.75inch? It used to always be 2.5 I think. I would love to nab a cheap one used and open up my stock catback. I’ve been thinking about deleting the mufflers for a while now.
Your exhaust is already 2.75" in size on your Scat Pack.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I freaking knew it! My 2018 R/T Plus sounds better than my Scat Pack did. Hal mentioned he heard from an insider that Dodge did something special with the 5.7 R/T exhaust and this must be it. Nice find.

Now, something else I noticed was that in MOPAR Action Magazine (or MOPAR Muscle) they reported dyno testing from a MOPAR show where I noticed a bone stock '17 R/T with the new system threw down better numbers than a '14 or '13 R/t did with bolt on mods and a tune... Hmmmmmm. I'll have to go back and look to confirm. Wondering if hp went up a touch with the '17+ 5.7 cars but Dodge didn't advertise it.
I had the pleasure of renting an '18 my R/T last september... that exhaust was so much better sounding than anything I have heard before it...
And I have been following these cars from before they started showing up in late '08... I seem to recall everyone saying from the get-go that the R/T exhaust sounded better than the SRT exhaust - but Dodge improved it for '18!

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
111 Posts
I rented 2018 RT charger few months ago and exhaust notes were way better than SP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s true, I just pirchased a 2018 RT plus and when in sport mode the exhaust is loud and sounds really good and once I take sport mode off it’s back to being quiet. I actually am starting to like it a lot

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
All I know is my 2018 R/T does 0-60 in 5 seconds FLAT.......all stock.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Nice. That's impressive. I assume with the A8 ....
That is correct....and that was with some wheel spin as I had traction control fully off.
(hold the traction control button and the start button at the same time and don't let go of the traction control button until you see it say "OFF" in the center of the gauges)

So I bet I can dip into the high 4's.......

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Prior to my previous Scat Pack Challengers, I had a couple of 5.7 R/T Challengers. My '18 R/T Plus feels faster on the ol' butt dyno than my old 5.7s and the street performance for my '18 vs other performance cars tells me it's faster as well. This all could be wishful thinking but with a better exhaust system from the factory (assuming Dodge adjusted the tune for it) it could have a few extra ponies that Dodge isn't advertising.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,018 Posts
Prior to my previous Scat Pack Challengers, I had a couple of 5.7 R/T Challengers. My '18 R/T Plus feels faster on the ol' butt dyno than my old 5.7s and the street performance for my '18 vs other performance cars tells me it's faster as well. This all could be wishful thinking but with a better exhaust system from the factory (assuming Dodge adjusted the tune for it) it could have a few extra ponies that Dodge isn't advertising.
I have been waiting for a copy of a 2018 5.7 stock tune to be posted on HP tuners repository but none so far. I want to compare it to the 2017 stock tune. The only 2018 tunes so far are demon and trail hawk stock tune.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have been waiting for a copy of a 2018 5.7 stock tune to be posted on HP tuners repository but none so far. I want to compare it to the 2017 stock tune. The only 2018 tunes so far are demon and trail hawk stock tune.
In theory, the '18s shouldn't be any different than the '17's since the active exhaust was first introduced for the 5.7 on the 2017 model year.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Your new 5.7 is an A8 though and it makes these cars so much quicker than the older A5s.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Your new 5.7 is an A8 though and it makes these cars so much quicker than the older A5s.
It's not though; it's a M6 like my last Scat Pack was. My two previous 5.7s were also manuals. Once upon a time I did have an A8 Scat Pack. To your point though, an A8 would be faster than a 5 speed auto or an M6.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts