Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I have an R/T on order. Auto/Blacktop Package(Her option, she likes the black wheels and all blacked out trim), and STP Package(My option, a MUST on R/T's). Octane Red.
We live in NJ but have a house in NC(will retire there,soon). Been looking for some time now and couldn't find what we wanted so placed order on April 5th. from NC dealer,(no front licence plate:grin2:)
Will be used three days a week to and from work so we passed on a Scat Pack(for now:wink3:0.). When we retire will be getting Scat Pack, two to three years.
One thing, the live active exhaust is AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Congrats on the new car!! I'm partial to the R/T myself. :) I left Jersey 44yrs ago and never regretted it for a second. As they say, "Happiness is New Jersey in the rear view mirror."

Can't wait to see pics of your new ride.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Cograts on your new R/T. The 5.7 has plenty of snort; you may be surprised. With that 8 speed it's a low 13 sec 1/4 mile car and can achieve 0-60 in the 4.8/4.9 range if you drive well. Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on the R/T! Love the Octane!!! Good luck with all of it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's. Dealer is keeping us in loop on production. Should have Vin.# any day. Dealer will be sending updates when they get them. Hopefully a couple more incentives will be available at time of delivery.:smile:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
By the way, where in NC will you be? I used to live in the Charlotte area. HUGE car culture there and big Challenger following. Heck, Steve White Motors and Petty's Garage are near by...

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Sounds like one beautiful car. New Jersey here as well and three of my six cars have nobfront pkate and nobody says a word about it. In the past 26 years I have only been pulled over twice and let go without any tickets about it and the stops were because I did something wrong beside that but still got let go.
I tell the dealers if you drill my bumper, the sale is not happening. The Dodge dealer said you have to sign a paper to make them install it as one buyer flipped out on them so now they protect themselves.
Enjoy your new car and hope it arrives soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What wheels did you order with the car.
Octane Red is great. I like mine after a year.
The black painted wheel that comes with the Blacktop Package. Almost considering the forged because of wider size,20X9'. But wife liked the black rim instead. Everybody knows the saying "Happy Wife":wink3:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
The black painted wheel that comes with the Blacktop Package. Almost considering the forged because of wider size,20X9'. But wife liked the black rim instead. Everybody knows the saying "Happy Wife":wink3:
Get these then (close to black). Wider wheel that will allow wider tires later. You also don't need to order the Brembo package (handling package) to get these. With a red car they will appear black. Depending on when you placed your order, you may still be able to make this change if interested. I would.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get these then (close to black). Wider wheel that will allow wider tires later. You also don't need to order the Brembo package (handling package) to get these. With a red car they will appear black.
Yup, that's the wheel I was considering. Actually test drove R/T with that wheel on a Granite pearl-coat color. Wife still wants black wheels though.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yup, that's the wheel I was considering. Actually test drove R/T with that wheel on a Granite pearl-coat color. Wife still wants black wheels though.
Show her the pics I posted in my last post and ask her what color they are... Most people thought my car had black wheels (my car is the 3rd pic in the sunshine). But, don't push LOL. Like you said, happy wife... Will be a great car either way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Show her the pics I posted in my last post and ask her what color they are... Most people thought my car had black wheels (my car is the 3rd pic in the sunshine). But, don't push LOL. Like you said, happy wife... Will be a great car either way.
Maybe I'll call the sales rep and see if I can still sneak them in on the build:sneaky:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Can't get those wheels with the blacktop package, unfortunately.

I almost dropped an extra 3.5k on a shaker or scat pack just to get those wheels with all the black trim and accents. Then figured it would be smarter to just get wheels on the first tire change if it bothered me that much.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

HAHAHAHAAHA......ROTFWL. I can see that happening. :brickwall:

(I'm sorry)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
What, her not knowing the color or him getting in trouble...
It was the first line exclusively. "Did you show her my pics??" Like we are going to tell her what black is. Tickled my funny bone at the time. I know my Wife, that is all. "What do I care what someone from the internet thinks.............!" She's mean though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts