Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in the 'introduce yourself' thread but maybe I should post out here, too.

---

Hey there. New guy reporting in. Challenger owner as of, ah, Saturday at about 9pm. Been in the mind to get a fun car after driving a series of un-fun cars while my kids went from diapers to teenage (well, my son at least.) Admired muscle car era rides for a long time and then decided it was time.

2014 Challenger R/T, 6 speed, no frills. Doesn't really need 'em. Jazz Blue.

Still taking it easy on the break-in and getting re-accustomed to stick. Learned to drive on one but I've never had one with this kind of power/weight ratio so it's a whole new thing. Practicing my double-clutch is on the list.

First thing I did on the way back home from the lot was to strap my daughter in the front seat and hit the farm road that parallels the highway out here. Got her to make rollercoaster-type "Aaaaaaaaahhhh!" screams and figure I made the right decision.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats and welcome to ChallengerTalk, you're second addiction from now on. You're Challenger is the first!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, I actually just left Northern California. I was stationed at Beale AFB, bought my Challenger at Magnussen Dodge in Auburn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magnussen wanted my business (hint: they all do), but I went with a dealer who actually had my configuration and color (don't even show me a white car) on the lot. I take a long time to get going, but when I'm ready to move, I want to move.

What's your station in the AF? Just curious. I'm a writer in real life and I often need research/consultant contacts. My military knowledge is pretty spotty but not bad for a civilian, though I know when to reach for an expert to get a question answered.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Makes sense. I ordered my car so their small inventory didn't matter, but their great service and the rock-bottom price sealed the deal for me. I also had a very specific configuration in mind and wasn't willing to accept something other than what I wanted.

I work in medical administration in the AF, a degree removed from the traditional military role.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could see ordering a car maybe sometime down the road. But right now I wanted to start small (ish). Nothing small about the R/T.

Medical Admin may not be a glorious role, but it's still an important one. Used to work in records for the National Archives, so I have an idea of how much paperwork you have to deal with in that grind.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome! I also live up by Beale. What dealership did you end up finding your R/T at? Swift?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts