Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T plus
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to some tips and tricks with my newly purchased 2015 R/T+.

Purchased the beauty in Sarasota. I live in Tampa, FL.

I was originally going to buy a Challenger SRT but the interior was too "Audi" for me (brown leather, black ext.) SRTs seem to be hard to find in a good color scheme around here (without ordering one from the factory, that is).

I've been babying it so far... about 550 miles on it, keeping it under 3500rpm. But I've read on the forums here to not baby it too much, so I'll throttle it more.

First addition I did was a drop-in K&N air filter.

Averaging about 16 mpgs with my daily commute in stop-and-go, mild to moderate traffic.

Looking to throw in some HIDs and some interior white LEDs. Also would like to get a non-droney exhaust at some point.

My previous car was a 2007 Mazda 6 purchased on June 14, 2008. I purchased the RT plus exactly 7 years later and did a ritualistic soul transfer from my Zoom-Zoom to the new Devil I call "DOOM" (to coincide with the recent E3 announcement of the new DOOM game for PC/PS4/Xone) :grin2:

Such a pleasure to drive.

Also, hi everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looking forward to some tips and tricks with my newly purchased 2015 R/T+.

Purchased the beauty in Sarasota. I live in Tampa, FL.

I was originally going to buy a Challenger SRT but the interior was too "Audi" for me (brown leather, black ext.) SRTs seem to be hard to find in a good color scheme around here (without ordering one from the factory, that is).

I've been babying it so far... about 550 miles on it, keeping it under 3500rpm. But I've read on the forums here to not baby it too much, so I'll throttle it more.

First addition I did was a drop-in K&N air filter.

Averaging about 16 mpgs with my daily commute in stop-and-go, mild to moderate traffic.

Looking to throw in some HIDs and some interior white LEDs. Also would like to get a non-droney exhaust at some point.

My previous car was a 2007 Mazda 6 purchased on June 14, 2008. I purchased the RT plus exactly 7 years later and did a ritualistic soul transfer from my Zoom-Zoom to the new Devil I call "DOOM" (to coincide with the recent E3 announcement of the new DOOM game for PC/PS4/Xone) :grin2:

Such a pleasure to drive.

Also, hi everyone!
Nice ride and welcome! I have the 2015 R/T Plus too but have 3300 miles on it now. Believe me, it doesn't want to be babied! Drive that thing! You've earned it! Good luck!

I was doing 1/4 mile runs at 1000 miles and she loved it.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger
54 Posts
Black on black in Fl. You are a brave man. I lived ten years in Spring Hill and that's a strong sun.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome from IL

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Black on black in florida here. You'll be fine. :)
Nice ride, welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts