Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say “hello.” I have always wanted a Dodge Challenger since I watched “Dukes of Hazard” as a kid but I have mostly owned trucks and Jeeps most of my life. I decided this week to trade my 2017 Jeep JKU in on one of the new models but ended up leaving with a new Challenger. It was very spur of the moment so I did not get to do my usual in depth research so I hope I chose well I went with an R/T Scat Pack 392 in Sublime green. My biggest fear is I will regret not getting a Widebody, but I just don’t like the fender flairs. Looks too much like a Camaro.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
welcome from tacoma. nice color! (y)

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Outstanding ! Welcome from Virginia,
Have good one !
Parrott

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
190 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Great color choice but I'm partial to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great! what year? I like your 392 badge better than my 6.4L badge (even though its the same thing). 392 just feels more "murica!"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! what year? I like your 392 badge better than my 6.4L badge (even though its the same thing). 392 just feels more "murica!"
It is a 2019. I just bought it and then it snowed so I haven't even driven it yet except home from the dealer. Still only has 42 miles on it.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
69 Posts
It is a 2019. I just bought it and then it snowed so I haven't even driven it yet except home from the dealer. Still only has 42 miles on it.
Guessing you are on the east side of the state? I'm just outside Spokane.

Don't really follow the weather on the west side, so could be wrong. Just a guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guessing you are on the east side of the state? I'm just outside Spokane.

Don't really follow the weather on the west side, so could be wrong. Just a guess.
No, I am down near Portland...but I live up on the mountain in Skamania County.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel for ya, I'm in a similar situation. Picked up mine last week and got about 3 driving days in before the snow hit.
I am going to stick to driving my old Chevy 2500 for now since I traded in my Jeep for this car. I have not tried it, but I am willing to go out on a limb and say a heavy RWD car with almost 500hp is not great in the snow and ice.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
69 Posts
No, I am down near Portland...but I live up on the mountain in Skamania County.
Ah, gotcha.

Not the same, but my car was in Dealership Jail for 7 weeks, picked it up a week ago yesterday and drove it home about 40 miles. Weather has been too cold since then to drive it on the 3 season tires it has, so I pulled the insurance and figured I am done for the season.

Not sure which is worse, just getting it and not being able to drive it, or knowing the fun and having to wait. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, gotcha.

Not the same, but my car was in Dealership Jail for 7 weeks, picked it up a week ago yesterday and drove it home about 40 miles. Weather has been too cold since then to drive it on the 3 season tires it has, so I pulled the insurance and figured I am done for the season.

Not sure which is worse, just getting it and not being able to drive it, or knowing the fun and having to wait. ;)
The snow is melting today but mine goes into "dealership jail" tomorrow to get the clear bra, a nav head unit, and mud flaps installed. So I will not be getting to drive it until this coming weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts