Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New R/T

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  rmorris83 
#1 ·
I traded in my 2012 R/T Classic for a new 2014 R/T. I really liked the Classic but it was an automatic and I missed shifting and the red side stripes were a little over the top for me. The dealer had several R/T's on a back lot - most of them around 32k but differing widely in options. I chose a Pitch Black R/t with silver stripes,27J package, six speed, STP, 730N, Anti-Spin. I'm really enjoying it but waiting for the weather to get better.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Man im in the same boat. I have a 2012 R/T auto, and I am really missing rowing threw gears. This is the first auto I have ever own. Some thing about the paddel shifters sold me. Anyways I am currious to know how the trade in worked for you. How much did you still owe on your 2012? What kind of trade in value did they give you? How much did you lose in the long run? Was it worth it?
Thanks for any imput, as I am on the verge of doing this my self.

#5 ·
Man im in the same boat. I have a 2012 R/T auto, and I am really missing rowing threw gears. This is the first auto I have ever own. Some thing about the paddel shifters sold me.
I you haven't started using the AutoStick feature (paddles and/or shifter), you're missing out. Keeping the car in Drive is hella boring, especially coming from manuals. I'm not saying that the shifts are as satisfying as with a stick, and you have only 5 gears, but manual mode sweetens the auto deal. There's a learning curve because the TCM is really the one making all the moves, but it's still a lot of fun and control. Very little lag with the paddles. Try it!

#4 ·
The Tremec 6060 6-speed transmissions in the Challengers are a perfect fit. It has a good feel to it and smooth gear shift every time. The clutch has a linear engagement that allows good feedback.

Some have issues with the skip-shift feature. But l haven't had any issues with that feature forcing me to skip a couple of gears.

#8 ·
The Tremec 6060 6-speed transmissions in the Challengers are a perfect fit. It has a good feel to it and smooth gear shift every time. The clutch has a linear engagement that allows good feedback. Some have issues with the skip-shift feature. But l haven't had any issues with that feature forcing me to skip a couple of gears.
I've never been caught by the skip shift thing yet but it didn't take me long to cancel that hill-assist thing. I thought that was really going to be great but no...

#10 ·
6 speeds

I looked at the challengers as soon as they came out in 2008, but didn't want one until they offered a stick shift. I bought a 2012 classic and I'm am very happy with the car. Without the 6 speed, I would have never bought it. Its half the fun of driving the car to me.

I have the hill start assist on. I learned to drive on a stick shift and never had a problem on hills, but my HSA works fine, so I use it.

The STP on the 6 speed cars makes it better yet. Good decision!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.