Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are very excited to announce that our Late Model Challenger Louvers are ready.
These louvers are made in the USA with newly designed brackets and hardware for 2008 and up. We hand assemble with great detail and craftsmanship made with highest quality laser cut aluminum. Powder coated for weather resistance and durablity. The hardware is stainless steel so it won't rust. Kit complete with all mounting hardware and instructions. These are bolt on louvers, but our adhesive attached are will be ready in two weeks.
Current price $799.00
Made in USA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Was very interested in these but...
1. I think they are moderately over-priced
2. I (as well as most) are not interested in drilling all those holes in the body.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Awesome looking...you have a winner on looks

but, i think the price may be a bit overpriced too...maybe $600-$699 would be more attractive ....maybe the quality is just that good to demand $800
i also dont like drilling holes in my car....

i had louvers on my 1990 Mustang and they were glued on...i dont think you will find many takers for drilling their car....too many of us think of it as a future collector...no future collector would drill holes into their car...

when you get the glue on version I may be interested

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not the look I want unless installed inconjunction with a 80s Wink Mirror and Sheep Skin Seat Covers. Ahh the 80s ...Flock of Segals, Duran Duran, The Clash :browsmiley:

·
Registered
711 Posts
they should offer a stick on alternative as there competitor (LPI) like the ones I have. THey offer 2 install options, 3m, or screw down. I went screw down as I plam to track the car, and rules require all add on MUST be bolted down.

the other difference I found, is the lower codder pin bracket is also screw it, where as mine is adhered to the window.

Price guys is always going to be over the top but keep in mind you are paying for metal louvers, not plastic, these will far outlast your vehicle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do body shops know how to install these? I'd be wary of doing it myself
Where's your sense of adventure ...grab your DeWalt and drill away. Just make sure water doesn't leak into your Challenger with the first rain or car wash. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
428 Posts
Very nice but I wouldn't drill into my Challenger either. I'd also be wondering about any possible contact points of the aluminum against the glass, seals, paint, et cetera. More info is greatly needed on the product and install.

·
Registered
534 Posts
We are very excited to announce that our Late Model Challenger Louvers are ready.
These louvers are made in the USA with newly designed brackets and hardware for 2008 and up. We hand assemble with great detail and craftsmanship made with highest quality laser cut aluminum. Powder coated for weather resistance and durablity. The hardware is stainless steel so it won't rust. Kit complete with all mounting hardware and instructions. These are bolt on louvers, but our adhesive attached are will be ready in two weeks.
Current price $799.00
Made in USA
It says in the original post that the adhesive option will be available in two weeks. I know they will be available in a stick-on version because I inquired about them when I bought my hood-pins and they said that they were working to develop a new adhesive since they weren't happy using what was readily available. I can't wait to test them out!

·
Registered
711 Posts
look guys, the drilling part isn't as bad as everyone makes it sound. I masked the back half of the room, layed the louvers on the window, measured like 20 times until I was happy, marked out the holes, remeasured again and again, marked everything up, tapped and drilled, I used a body shop weather proof caulking and sealer for around the screws. no leaks, no rust, and 6mos later still happy.

I understand not everyone is going to want to drill into their cars, but I wanted a solid install and an accessory that would pass tech in at the track. My ONLY issue with the 3M option, and this is ONLY my opinion, is it doesn't stand up well to extreme elements such as -30C. little moisture or change in temps the adhiesive doesn't stand up to well after a while. But can be looked after with proper maintanence.

What I am getting at is that the drilling isn't as hard as it is made out, it all boils down to an option. Once I get my car back from the dealership for the dif swap out I'll post pics if anyone wants to see my install.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts