Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this during a web search... fits with the "Go big or stay home" mentality.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been trying to get one but I think the company is no longer doing business or they're too busy to answer an email or their phone.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I love those wings on the super birds but dont you think the trunk deck is a little too short for one. Just looks out of place on the new Challengers.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
very gay

i can see a 16 year old thinking it was cool, but i cant see a 40 year old thinking its anything but gay

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ugly!

I agree with Huggy. Stop trying to turn a Challenger into a Charger or Cuda! Those wings were cool on the 69/70 Charger/Superbird. They are just plain GAY on our Challengers. Maybe that guy could use the wing as a clothesline for drying his laundry!

StevoHemi

·
Registered
410 Posts
Do most car guys/enthusiasts use 'gay' as an insult? Just curious.

I like the wing on the old superbirds, but not the current Challenger. No way.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i love it................. but on your car

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like them on the original super birds. The new ones remind me of the spoilers that I have seen on Acuras and Hondas.
Not into it.

On the other hand, the Go-Wing spoiler looks awesome.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
The big wings look great on the 1969 and 1970 Dodge Daytona and Plymouth Superbird, but NOT the Challenger. Accept the Challenger for what it is, a great car with award-winning styling, and don't try to turn it into something that it's not.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't think the B5 "Superbird" they did look all that bad. The Daytona one looks butt ugly. I can't say why since there's not much difference between the two.

I always wanted one of the originals back when I was a youngin until I saw what they go for now a days.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I don't think the B5 "Superbird" they did look all that bad. The Daytona one looks butt ugly. I can't say why since there's not much difference between the two.

I always wanted one of the originals back when I was a youngin until I saw what they go for now a days.

It's the baby sh... err turd brown color of the car. I love a copper or metallic brown...but that color is neither.:werd:

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I was watching Barrett Jackson Auto Show lastnight and I saw the MOPAR edition. They had a Blue SuperBird with the Plymouth down the side and the funny hood scoop things over the tires and it went for 150000! Nuts. The last car they had was the Richard Petty Blue 09 Challenger tuned by his shop. I think it went for 200K+. Only thing I didnt like about it was they used a 08 Charger front bumper on it. Looked wierd.

But anyways back to original discussion, keep these cars the way they are. They are beautiful as is.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Turning a Challenger into a wanna-be Daytona/Superbird ?!?!? :notallthere:

What's next ?!?!? Hey I know, how about making one look like a Dart Swinger with a Mod Top... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I didn't like those wings when they came out (and I was around back then). I certainly wouldn't want one on my car.

But, to each their own; put what you like on your car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I didn't like those wings when they came out (and I was around back then). I certainly wouldn't want one on my car.

But, to each their own; put what you like on your car.
I agree! Always thought it looked kinda "awkward".. but.. that wing and nose piece made a significant difference at the track! ... and the rules were that the cars HAD to be production cars to race.. so.. and now I wish I had one sitting under covers somewhere.. something to retire on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts