Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
What I find amusing about this is that I've never used cruise control in my life. Not even once. And one of the reasons for that is the irrational fear that the car would get "stuck" in cruise control. And yet, here it is! IRRATIONAL FEAR CONFIRMED!!! :O

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought mine on 6/28 got an email, text, phone call from the dealer on 7/2 almost begging me to bring it in on that day to get it done!!
They offered to have a tech come to the house to do the flash, I stopped in and it only took about 10 minutes and I was gone

Was very strange actually, I kind of got the feeling it wasn't suppose to leave the lot as sold until it was done

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
I bought mine on 6/28 got an email, text, phone call from the dealer on 7/2 almost begging me to bring it in on that day to get it done!!
They offered to have a tech come to the house to do the flash, I stopped in and it only took about 10 minutes and I was gone

Was very strange actually, I kind of got the feeling it wasn't suppose to leave the lot as sold until it was done

Now THAT'S the kind of service FCA needs. Have a "tech" or two roam the city and flash at the customer's convenience for a change at their home or work. With the incompetent dealers I have here, I may just blow this off and let the dealership I sell it to in the future take care of it. Too bad they don't sell a recall edition trunk monkey.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Thats true. It is against the law to sell a car, even a used car, that has an open recall on it. The dealers are supposed to get the recall work done before its available for sell.

That is one of the many things I learned while reading about this recall.

Ron

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,874 Posts
I just got my recall(s) done today. i had another one for the transmission but I never brought it in till now. Killed three birds with one stone as I needed an oil change after the 1200 miles I drove to move back home lol. Oh and I used cruise control the whole time without any issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cruise Control Recall:

I just got my recall(s) done today. i had another one for the transmission but I never brought it in till now. Killed three birds with one stone as I needed an oil change after the 1200 miles I drove to move back home lol. Oh and I used cruise control the whole time without any issues.
I made an appointment for Thursday at West Covina Dodge to get this recall taken care of. The person on the phone indicated it may take up to 4 hours. If they give me this line, I am not leaving my car. Why am I making an appointment if I have to wait. I feel that once an appointment is made, that one's car should be taken care of beginning at the designated appointment time. When we make appointments at the doctor or dentist, we may have to wait a bit but not for any protracted period of time. Anyway, I am real nervous about taking my car in to the dealership service dept. I just hope this will work out as I have heard way to many horror stories about Dodge Dealer Service Departments. My cruise control is working perfectly and I have been using it every time I take the car out.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
I made an appointment for Thursday at West Covina Dodge to get this recall taken care of. The person on the phone indicated it may take up to 4 hours.

Service takes so long because they simply overbook. Plus they have no organizational skills. The service writer doesn't even know you've filled out all that info online. That's why you have to do it all over again when you get there. I made an appointment for my Ram a while back. It's a 60 mile round trip for me so I expected to be taken care of with an early appointment. I needed my, coincidentally, cruise switch replaced, a common problem with Ram's. Plus since I'm getting lazy I figured I'd start having the dealer do my oil changes. Service writer told me at least 4 hours just to look at the switch and at least 1 1/2 hours for their quickie oil change. I cancelled, left and did my own oil change again. Also did a Yelp review explaining my sales and service history with them over the last five years including damaged wheels from an alignment and horrible sales experiences. And that's the GOOD dealer in town. You can glean a great deal about an individual dealership and the games they play, by reading Yelp reviews. I don't look at dealer rater since I discovered that some dealerships will send a review request after a sale and have two buttons to push. One for satisfied and one for unsatisfied. If you push the satisfied, your review goes to several review sites for posting. If you press unsatisfied your review goes to the dealership GM and nobody see's it. That's why the ratings are so high on dealer rater.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,845 Posts
My last Vehicle Health Report had a notice I needed the recall as well

A Guy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Service takes so long because they simply overbook. Plus they have no organizational skills. The service writer doesn't even know you've filled out all that info online. That's why you have to do it all over again when you get there. I made an appointment for my Ram a while back. It's a 60 mile round trip for me so I expected to be taken care of with an early appointment. I needed my, coincidentally, cruise switch replaced, a common problem with Ram's. Plus since I'm getting lazy I figured I'd start having the dealer do my oil changes. Service writer told me at least 4 hours just to look at the switch and at least 1 1/2 hours for their quickie oil change. I cancelled, left and did my own oil change again. Also did a Yelp review explaining my sales and service history with them over the last five years including damaged wheels from an alignment and horrible sales experiences. And that's the GOOD dealer in town. You can glean a great deal about an individual dealership and the games they play, by reading Yelp reviews. I don't look at dealer rater since I discovered that some dealerships will send a review request after a sale and have two buttons to push. One for satisfied and one for unsatisfied. If you push the satisfied, your review goes to several review sites for posting. If you press unsatisfied your review goes to the dealership GM and nobody see's it. That's why the ratings are so high on dealer rater.
The dealer I am going to tomorrow has terrible ratings on Yelp for their sales dept. The service dept. ratings are pretty good and a Dodge Ram owner and car nut recommended them. If they pull that 4 hour crap, as I indicated, I am out of there. I'll post my experience tomorrow. I hope I can get this recall business over with. As far as oil changes, I am looking to get a set of expensive race ramps and do it myself although I am getting lazy. I may go to a good independent and let them change the oil for me. We will see.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The dealer I am going to tomorrow has terrible ratings on Yelp for their sales dept. The service dept. ratings are pretty good and a Dodge Ram owner and car nut recommended them. If they pull that 4 hour crap, as I indicated, I am out of there. I'll post my experience tomorrow. I hope I can get this recall business over with. As far as oil changes, I am looking to get a set of expensive race ramps and do it myself although I am getting lazy. I may go to a good independent and let them change the oil for me. We will see.
I arrived at West Covina Dodge, which is a new store with new owner's. I was greeted by Christal Hernandez who is one of the service writers. I explained my plight about not being able to leave the car and although the service dept. was busy with lots of cars still in the driveway, she understood my situation and my concern about not getting my car dirty or damaged. I got the red carpet treatment and they didn't even move my car from where I parked it in the service dept. driveway exit. My car was ready in less then 30 minutes and I was in awe and very pleased. All the credit goes to Christal Hernandez for providing this service for me. I also got several compliments from the staff about my car. :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
I arrived at West Covina Dodge, which is a new store with new owner's. I was greeted by Christal Hernandez who is one of the service writers. I explained my plight about not being able to leave the car and although the service dept. was busy with lots of cars still in the driveway, she understood my situation and my concern about not getting my car dirty or damaged. I got the red carpet treatment and they didn't even move my car from where I parked it in the service dept. driveway exit. My car was ready in less then 30 minutes and I was in awe and very pleased. All the credit goes to Christal Hernandez for providing this service for me. I also got several compliments from the staff about my car. :smile:

Good deal. That's something that occurred to me before. With simple quick recall fixes like this, why make the customer go through the whole dealership drill which just wastes the cusomer's time as well as all the employees who would have to handle your car. Just set aside an area for this and in and out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any Luck?

My dealer called to let me know that I needed to bring the car in for a recall, so I made an appointment. When I took it to the dealer, the service person told me that they needed to reprogram the PCM. I told him that I have the Scat Pack Stage 1 kit and the kit included a different (performance) PCM. They should have known since they are the ones who installed it for me...

Anyway, after they made a phone call and consulted with others, they determined that they could not do the recall. Now I'll have an outstanding recall listed on the car. I hope this isn't going to be an issue when I trade or sell.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
My dealer called to let me know that I needed to bring the car in for a recall, so I made an appointment. When I took it to the dealer, the service person told me that they needed to reprogram the PCM. I told him that I have the Scat Pack Stage 1 kit and the kit included a different (performance) PCM. They should have known since they are the ones who installed it for me...

Anyway, after they made a phone call and consulted with others, they determined that they could not do the recall. Now I'll have an outstanding recall listed on the car. I hope this isn't going to be an issue when I trade or sell.
Maybe reinstall the stock PCM, get the recall done and then swap it back? What happens to all the tuned cars out there?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Think I might give her a call to set up an appointment to have it done right in front of me. Basically they are just updating the software right? It does not need to be lifted up?

41 - 60 of 95 Posts